Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Muslim Won't "Wax" Transgender Male

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It's obviously this, um, "woman's" constitutional right to force a woman to comply and wax his/her genitalia regardless of her religious beliefs.
    NO!!!!!!

ACK!!!!!

Look, it's stupid - she should have the right to refuse but THAT'S NOT WHAT WAS REQUESTED.

Are you guys INSANE?!?!?!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah I don't get where the issue moved from LEGS to MEN'S GENITALS.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I'd just like to draw attention to the awesome name of this establishment: Mad Wax.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
            Depends on how far up the person wants their legs waxed.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The brazilian special........ ick.
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                Depends on how far up the person wants their legs waxed.
                Ah. I know very little about waxing so I guess ... ok. Thanks.
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

In any case the owner made it clear that they do not do men, and this was a man - period...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Ah. I know very little about waxing so I guess ... ok. Thanks.
                    I've never had a wax. I'm just guessing.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Right we have two protected classes at each other - what will the leftists do?
                      ah but only the masseuse is muslim, probably not the business owner, so they can still sue him, AND as a bonus, the muslim woman can sue him also!

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        NO!!!!!!

ACK!!!!!

Look, it's stupid - she should have the right to refuse but THAT'S NOT WHAT WAS REQUESTED.

Are you guys INSANE?!?!?!
                        no. we realize that. But the person had male genitalia making him male in the eyes of a muslim. So all of "her" parts were "male parts" including the legs. A muslim woman can't give massages to a man who is not her husband. Even if he likes to wear dresses.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          I've never had a wax. I'm just guessing.
                          I've only waxed my brows, but I know types of waxes. There are some which do involve contact with the genitals, and its called a "brazilian" IMO this company did not hurt this person's feelings, he's just out for money where he can get it.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

He wanted a "Brazilian wax"

Dang I can't even link to Wikipedia for an explanation since it includes graphic images.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I believe it is a problem for a muslim woman to touch a man unless he is her husband. So the fact that this gentlemen calls himself a woman doesn't mean much if "she" still has male parts. As far as muslims were concerned, and biologists as well, this person was a male.
                              You were right the first time. The article refers to waxing male genitals, in which case it it is reasonable for a female waxer of any religion to refuse service.

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              You think that is going to stop the Human Rights Tribunal from coming down on these people?
                              Oh right. Of course the Human Rights Tribunal is always victimising people for no good reason.
                              Last edited by Tassman; 05-17-2018, 04:49 AM.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                You were right the first time. The article refers to waxing male genitals, in which case it it is reasonable for a female waxer of any religion to refuse service.

Oh right. Of course the Human Rights Tribunal is always victimising people for no good reason.
                                While its good to acknowledge that it IS reasonable for a female waxer to refuse service, one also needs to realize that there isn't a complaint as no hate crime, violence or "human right" was actually violated. I hope the "human rights tribunal" exercises common sense and recognizes the rights of this woman not to have her religion violated, the rights of the business owner to run his business to accomodate her religion and the rights of the trans person, to do business elsewhere if he didn't like the way they ran there business rather than score money.
                                George Bernard Shaw

Comment