Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Yet MORE evidence for design ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I do not equate "worship" with "give allegiance to." I give my allegiance rarely, but it does happen. One can be said to give a degree of allegiance to their employer - so for me that would be my clients. I don't worship my clients. I give some degree of allegiance to our country...and respects it's laws. I don't worship our country. There are ways in which I give my allegiance to my family. I don't worship my family.

As for the designer question, I do not find the evidence "overwhelming." I find that people tend to insert god in places where they lack another explanation. I am comfortable with "I don't know."
    I put 'worship' in quotes for a reason. The fact remains that all people follow a certain position ... dedicate their lives to it ... commit resources to it ... fight for it ... vote for it ... defend it ... wherever else you want to go with this. You do this for your Atheism and to deny that is to deny yourself (at least to deny what you claim you believe in).

When are you going to humble yourself and accept this all-too-obvious fact? Ever?

In my decades of dealings with Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists they rabidly deny their religious stance because they cannot retreat one inch, to do so would be (as once said) to "allow the Holy Foot into the door" --- and this they cannot allow to happen. So your attitude of denial is something that I've seen hundreds of times before.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
      "This is SOOOOOOOO complex, it must be Designed!!" - the standard cry of the scientifically illiterate ID-Creationist.
      WOW - you personify the notion of M-O-R-O-N to a T !!!

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
        Could you point to the actual evidence that indicates design? I've read the piece and skimmed the abstracts of the papers, but there's no mention of how design was quantified or tested for.
        You're joking, right?

First of all, this was a VIDEO so how could you have "read the piece"?

Yes, there are references, is that what you meant?

As to how "design is quantified or tested for" ---- multiple hundreds of books and thousands of papers have been published since the 1980's on the subject. Yet you indicate that there's "no mention" - as if this were a novel idea. Not much credibility in your post, Lurcho.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And yet while condemning any Christian who dares agree with any atheist on a matter of science you figuratively trip over yourself giddily hopping into bed with one of the most notorious and intolerant ones out there (Dawkins) over matters like how we should understand what the Bible says.

That makes you, by any reasonable definition, a comrade of Dawkins. He's your tovarishch.
          Really? Instead, methinks you are blathering in a drunken stupor.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            You know how domesticated animals (the horse is a good example) evolve by artificial selection? Evolution is simply selective pressures acting naturally on populations. I don’t see what all the fuss is about.

Creative people make things because they are interested in the object they make, not because they suppose that the object is interested in them.

Creation myths are us explaining ourselves to ourselves. They have inner meaning but no outer reality other than what we fabricate.
            The quotes in your sig say all one needs to know about your religious position.

BTW, that cat avatar looks like it (also) got into the vodka bottle. Par for the course.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
              WOW - you personify the notion of M-O-R-O-N to a T !!!

Jorge
              yet more irrefutable evidence from Jorge ...
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You're joking, right?

As to how "design is quantified or tested for" ---- multiple hundreds of books and thousands of papers have been published since the 1980's on the subject. Yet you indicate that there's "no mention" - as if this were a novel idea. Not much credibility in your post, Lurcho.

Jorge
                ... and more ...
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The quotes in your sig say all one needs to know about your religious position.

BTW, that cat avatar looks like it (also) got into the vodka bottle. Par for the course.

Jorge
                  ... and even more!

Yes - Jorge continues to give out evidence for his position of exactly the same form and caliber he's been giving out for years and years and years an ...

Jim

Comment

You're joking, right?

The video was embedded in a lot of text, in case you hadn't noticed. None of which provided any evidence of design. Nor did the papers. And that is why i said "no mention".

You're claiming there's evidence - why don't you summarize what it is? Or do you not understand the biology well enough to be able to?

(NB if you try: i was a developmental biologist for most of my scientific career.)
                    Last edited by TheLurch; 05-21-2018, 08:17 AM.
                    "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      yet more irrefutable evidence from Jorge ...
                      In typical, intellectually dishonest style O-Mudd takes something out of its full context.

Par for the course.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                        So, in other words, you can't explain any of it.
                        Those are YOUR "other words", not mine.

What was that famous line from the movie?
                        Oh, yeah --- "You can't handle the truth!"
                        That's why you do as you do -- it's great cover, Lurcho.
                        Except that you've been made and it ain't working.
                        Go back to dancing with Wednesday.

Jorge

Comment

Those are YOUR "other words", not mine.

What was that famous line from the movie?
                          Oh, yeah --- "You can't handle the truth!"
                          That's why you do as you do -- it's great cover, Lurcho.
                          Except that you've been made and it ain't working.
                          Go back to dancing with Wednesday.

Jorge
                          Please explain how design was identified and quantified here.
                          "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Really? Instead, methinks you are blathering in a drunken stupor.

Jorge
                            You're the one who was telling us how smart and perceptive Dawkins was when he told Christians that the only way to read the opening chapter of Genesis was in the woodenly literal manner and that TEs were "deluded" for not doing so.

So it is okay for you to merrily hop into bed with Dawkins over how to interpret Scripture but you are very quick to turn around and condemn any other Christian who might agree with an atheist on non-religious matters, often darkly implying (if not out-right stating) this indicates they're closet atheists themselves.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You're joking, right?

Jorge
                              And yet in spite of these "multiple hundreds of books and thousands of papers have been published since the 1980's" on it, you still managed to somehow forget to include one example.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

In typical, intellectually dishonest style O-Mudd takes something out of its full context.

Par for the course.

Jorge
                                What do you mean 'out of context'? Posts like that are with only rare exception the ONLY context your replies are ever in! At least for the last 3 years or so.

Jim

Comment