Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump and North Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Three prisoners are home from NK with their families. Trump is a boob, and doesn't have a clue what he's doing.
    Trump is not exactly the first president to bring prisoners home, CP...

And yes, Trump is a boob
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      Trump is not exactly the first president to bring prisoners home, CP...
      No fooling - and you can stuff the condescension. Fact is, though, he didn't have to trade a bunch of high value terrorists for them, and they were actually loyal American citizens (of Korean descent).

And yes, Trump is a boob
      About time you agree with me on something.

I swear, Trump could raise MLK from the dead, and you pinko commie liberals would scream "why didn't he do that as a CANDIDATE!"
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No fooling - and you can stuff the condescension.
        Condescension?

You guys pretty consistently attribute attitudes to me that I simply don't have...

Fact is, though, he didn't have to trade a bunch of high value terrorists for them, and they were actually loyal American citizens (of Korean descent).
        That's not the first time that has happened either....

About time you agree with me on something.
        Well - if you didn't so consistently say stupid things, I'd agree with you more...

I swear, Trump could raise MLK from the dead, and you pinko commie liberals would scream "why didn't he do that as a CANDIDATE!"
        Trump wouldn't do that. MLK was black...
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Condescension?

You guys pretty consistently attribute attitudes to me that I simply don't have...
          When "the audience" consistently attributes attitudes to somebody who claims they don't have attitudes, maybe it's the 'speaker'.

That's not the first time that has happened ...
          Again, I'll leave you with your incredibly hostile attitude toward Trump that you're going to continue to insist you don't have.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

When "the audience" consistently attributes attitudes to somebody who claims they don't have attitudes, maybe it's the 'speaker'.
            Maybe. But when that feedback happens in only one venue, I tend to suspect the venue. And folks here (generally) have a bad habit of trying to read minds and assume motivations. That's a dangerous thing to do in any context, but especially in a written context. I am regularly told, here, what I think, what I feel, what my motivations are, etc. Even more amusing, when I let people know that they don't have it right, they insist THEY are right - and they're talking about MY feelings/attitudes. I find the whole thing rather silly.

Again, I'll leave you with your incredibly hostile attitude toward Trump that you're going to continue to insist you don't have.
            When did I ever claim I don't have a hostile attitude towards Trump? I think I've been very clear that I dislike the man, think he is a reprehensible human being, and won't dignify him with the title "President" because I won't disrespect the office he holds by doing that. If that is not hostility, I don't know what is. I would (and will) use every legal means at my disposal to ensure he is not permitted a second term. I believe I even called him a pig at one point.

At no time did I say, "I'm not hostile towards Trump." I absolutely am.

Comment

Condescension?

It's okay carpe. Just chalk it up to yet another of those pesky "right-wing memes" and hand wave it away.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

At no time did I say, "I'm not hostile towards Trump." I absolutely am.
                Blindly so. (give you another something to deny )

Comment

Blindly so. (give you another something to deny )
                  No - that part is not true. I am not blindly hostile to Trump. I've done my homework.

Comment

From the letter: "I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting." And the cause is KJU's bellicose rhetoric. The word "honor" does not appear anywhere. You're adding things to the letter that are simply not there.
                    Seriously? You think Trump should have explicitly explained the rules of an honor challenge to someone living in an honor/shame society?

Yeah, OK.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No - that part is not true. I am not blindly hostile to Trump. I've done my homework.
                      Carpe - you can't even acknowledge it's a good thing those prisoners are home with their families. I've thrown that out there a bunch of times waiting for just ONE of you guys to at least agree that's a good thing! You have to come up with all kinds of crap like "this isn't the first time...."

(sure, you will now, to try to prove.....)

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        It's okay carpe. Just chalk it up to yet another of those pesky "right-wing memes" and hand wave it away.
                        I don't think it's a right-wing meme. It doesn't qualify. It appears to be a dynamic of this forum. So is the propensity for taking arguments against a stated position and hand-waving them away by calling it (ironically) hand-waving.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Seriously? You think Trump should have explicitly explained the rules of an honor challenge to someone living in an honor/shame society?

Yeah, OK.
                          I think you are adding concepts to the letter that are not there.

And for a shame/honor-based society, the terms "shame" and "honor" are powerful ones. They don't need to be explained - just used.

Comment

Carpe - you can't even acknowledge it's a good thing those prisoners are home with their families. I've thrown that out there a bunch of times waiting for just ONE of you guys to at least agree that's a good thing! You have to come up with all kinds of crap like "this isn't the first time...."

(sure, you will now, to try to prove.....)
                            Can't? An argument from silence, CP?

Of COURSE it's a good thing they're home. Kudos to Trump for his role in doing it. My apologies (and yes this time "apologies" is sarcastic) for not thinking to include it on my list of "things I agree with Trump on." I was not aware you were waiting for it. It was a good thing when Obama did it too. Indeed, I am pretty sure prisoners have been released from the DPRK (and never has a D been more ironic) under each of the last five presidents.

They were all good things. Just not much of a differentiator. And like the previous releases, it's not clear that Trump had much of a role in it. That being said, I haven't followed it closely, so I could be wrong. But Trump takes a lot of credit for things he had nothing (or little) to do with. Another one of his marvelous personality quirks. But what the heck - if you lie often enough, eventually people accept it as the truth...
                            Last edited by carpedm9587; 05-25-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Condescension?

What you posted comes across as condescending, whether you explicitly intended it to or not.
                              Trump wouldn't do that. MLK was black...
                              You know Trump just pardoned a black guy, right?
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

it's a good thing they're home. Kudos to Trump for his role in doing it. ...
                                OK, I'm worn out from having to drag that out of you, so I'm going to take a swim, then maybe a nap.

Comment