Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump and North Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump and North Korea

Much has been made of the North Korean summit. What people seem to forget (conveniently?) is that North Korea has signed denuclearization agreements with the last four presidents (Obama, Bush II, Clinton, Bush I) and reneged on all four. It appears Trump may be the latest in a long line of "great hopes - no effect."
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

According to CNN

North Korea monitors claim nuclear test site dismantling has begun

We'll see if the summit happens, and how that goes. The guy's a nutcase. (yeah, ask me which one)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm sure if it falls through, it will be Trump's fault.

After all, everything else is.......

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

And Bush is eternally grateful.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          According to CNN

North Korea monitors claim nuclear test site dismantling has begun

We'll see if the summit happens, and how that goes. The guy's a nutcase. (yeah, ask me which one)

I think I'll just leave well enough alone...
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Actually - I think it will be business as usual.

I also think the "Trump peace prize" is just a tad premature...

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post

To be fair, the Obama peace prize was equally silly. I get the reason for it- he was essentially given it for not being the Bush II/Cheney administration- still daft though.

Comment

Much has been made of the North Korean summit. What people seem to forget (conveniently?) is that North Korea has signed denuclearization agreements with the last four presidents (Obama, Bush II, Clinton, Bush I) and reneged on all four. It appears Trump may be the latest in a long line of "great hopes - no effect."
                While I have doubts over whether this will amount to anything I don't recall the North Koreans dismantling their test site under any of the other presidents. Or their leader willing to leave the country to meet any of the other presidents.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Especially when compared to the Obama peace prize

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't think anybody ever seriously expected Trump to win the Nobel Peace Prize. It has lately become a participation trophy awarded by liberal elites to liberal elites which disqualifies Trump by default.

Although I think it would be hilarious if Trump was offered it and then told the committee exactly where they could shove it.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                      To be fair, the Obama peace prize was equally silly. I get the reason for it- he was essentially given it for not being the Bush II/Cheney administration- still daft though.
                      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        While I have doubts over whether this will amount to anything I don't recall the North Koreans dismantling their test site under any of the other presidents. Or their leader willing to leave the country to meet any of the other presidents.
                        We shall see. I seriously have my doubts. That being said, the rich south/poor north dynamic eventually has to lead to changes...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          I don't think anybody ever seriously expected Trump to win the Nobel Peace Prize. It has lately become a participation trophy awarded by liberal elites to liberal elites which disqualifies Trump by default.

Although I think it would be hilarious if Trump was offered it and then told the committee exactly where they could shove it.
                          Yeah.. like the Times "Person of the Year" offer...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Especially when compared to the Obama peace prize
                            I think the Obama peace prize kinda revealed the peace prize for what had become - the grand summation of the "everybody gets a trophy" mentality - making it essentially meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                              Hey...I'm not the Bush/Cheney administration, either. Can I have a peace prize?
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment