Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Facial Recognition - in Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Our cats used to come whenever we had ice cream or hot cereal, because they could tell the difference between the spoon scraping milky sweetness as compared to soup.
    They could probably just smell the difference. My cat can smell me eating bread from church (left over from communion) from pretty far away and come begging (no idea why, but cats seem to love the stuff).
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Way to steal my thunder.
      I'm a rogue. It's kinda part of the job description: plunderin' thunderin'

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        hey! I thought I banned you?
        I thought you did, too!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          They could probably just smell the difference. My cat can smell me eating bread from church (left over from communion) from pretty far away and come begging (no idea why, but cats seem to love the stuff).
          That's what I figured, too. Think it's the same with dogs. They can smell the difference between no food and food regardless of how the bags crinkle.
          Our cats would come if I opened a can of tuna with the can opener, but never when I opened a can of orange juice.*

*Yes, frozen orange juice used to come in cans that you had to use an opener for.......before the little plastic strips that you pull and then lift the lid off.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

jake.jpg

A poker face if I have ever seen one.

Comment

Our cats always knew when I was sad and needed a cuddle without me asking.

Better than any human.
              I had a bad day with a girlfriend. When I got home my cat behaved the same way. Glad your experience has been better.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                I had a bad day with a girlfriend. When I got home my cat behaved the same way. Glad your experience has been better.
                Is your cat a male? Ours were always females, and they never behaved the same way with the men in our family.

Comment

Is your cat a male? Ours were always females, and they never behaved the same way with the men in our family.
                  female. I guess that's my luck.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    female. I guess that's my luck.

And our females never behaved comfortingly to the men in our family.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X