Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McDonald's New "Hotter Fresher" Quarter Pounder - left you speechless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald's New "Hotter Fresher" Quarter Pounder - left you speechless?

I rarely do McDonald's anymore, but I have grandkids, so occasionally, I get sucked into visiting McD.

Yesterday, on the way home from picking up my granddaughter, she wanted McD. I had been hearing about the new "hotter fresher" Quarter Pounder, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I was underwhelmed. It was "ok", but if I had to have a fast food burger, I'd prefer Wendy's or Burger King.

FreshBeef.jpg
    Haven't tried it, not gonna
    61.54%
    Haven't tried it, but will
    23.08%
    Tried it, less than impressed
    15.38%
    Tried it, will buy it again!
    0.00%
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I rarely do McDonald's anymore, but I have grandkids, so occasionally, I get sucked into visiting McD.

Yesterday, on the way home from picking up my granddaughter, she wanted McD. I had been hearing about the new "hotter fresher" Quarter Pounder, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I was underwhelmed. It was "ok", but if I had to have a fast food burger, I'd prefer Wendy's or Burger King.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27819[/ATTACH]
    Ummm...Whataburger!

ETA: If I go with the granddaughter to McD's, I usually order off the "dollar" menu. At least I don't lay out much money to be underwhelmed...
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
      Ummm...Whataburger!
      When my baby sister from Ohio was visiting, we were talking about where to eat - she asked, "do you have a Whataburger"? They have none in Ohio, of course, so we went, and they (she and her husband) loved it! I love their Montery Melt.

ETA: If I go with the granddaughter to McD's, I usually order off the "dollar" menu. At least I don't lay out much money to be underwhelmed...
      Yeah, me too!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I haven't eaten at any fast food restaurant in over a year, and that was a very rare occasion.

Heck I don't even eat out anywhere much. Maybe once every few months with some friends I will go to a restaurant. I even bring my own lunch to work.

Comment

When my baby sister from Ohio was visiting, we were talking about where to eat - she asked, "do you have a Whataburger"? They have none in Ohio, of course, so we went, and they (she and her husband) loved it! I love their Montery Melt.
          How sad for Ohio! What's wrong with those people?

Did she already know about Whataburger from previous visits or from somewhere else?

Their Monterrey Melt might be my all time favorite burger at this time.

Yeah, me too!
          Well...Great minds think alike!
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

It's uber greasy
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              It's uber greasy
              Yeah, I think they try to spin that as a positive - "hot and juicy".

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27819[/ATTACH]
                Around here, I'd go to Five Guys for a fast food burger. Elsewhere, I'd go to Hardee's or In-N-Out. If I grab pre-cooked food, it's usually Chinese.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

If it's hotter and fresher now, what was it before? It's like Hot Pockets, "New! Made with real cheese!" What was it before, then?

Also, I think that any place without a Whataburger isn't worth moving to. Ditto previous comments on the Monterey Melt.
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Don't go to macdonalds anymore, ever.

Even my girl likes Wendy's better, and to my knowledge Wendy's doesn't openly support homosexuality like macdonalds here does.

Also why I refuse to buy Colgate products.
                    Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 09:36 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I always want to go into a fast food restaurant and insist that my burger look like the one in the poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I always want to go into a fast food restaurant and insist that my burger look like the one in the poster.

EGGzackly - and I actually did that --- McDonald's was offering a "crispy chicken sandwich", and the sandwich looked like a Chic-Fil-A..... what they handed me was more like a really thin sliced breaded breast with pretty much no condiments, and I had their ad in the car. I went to the car, got the ad, brought it in, and showed the manager -- "this is what I ordered / THIS is what I got".

He just shrugged and pointed to the picture and said "that's marketing".

Comment

EGGzackly - and I actually did that --- McDonald's was offering a "crispy chicken sandwich", and the sandwich looked like a Chic-Fil-A..... what they handed me was more like a really thin sliced breaded breast with pretty much no condiments, and I had their ad in the car. I went to the car, got the ad, brought it in, and showed the manager -- "this is what I ordered / THIS is what I got".

He just shrugged and pointed to the picture and said "that's marketing".
                          You should have photographed your sandwich, got it blown up and then snuck back at night and posted your picture over the one in the poster in the window!

Comment

Don't often have occasion to get fast food. When on a road trip, wife likes to stop anywhere but McD's, BK, or Wendy's. Usually I just want coffee because I don't want to get out of the car. See, if you get out of the car for a "stretch break," the next thing you know it's a half-hour later.

Culver's is about the bottom of the barrel for me.
                            "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                            Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                            Save me, save me"

Comment

The main reason that I am expecting to try the improved burger is that I do occasionally end up at McDonalds if it is more convenient that traveling elsewhere.

Comment