Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McDonald's New "Hotter Fresher" Quarter Pounder - left you speechless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I rarely do McDonald's anymore, but I have grandkids, so occasionally, I get sucked into visiting McD.

For years I have likened McDonald's to Hotel California in that try as you like you can never leave.

When you're a kid you loved the place.

When you were in your teens you went their to meet up with friends and grab a bite.

When you were in your twenties you went there because you were basically broke and you could at least get something to eat for a dollar or two.

When you were in your thirties you finally thought you got away but guess where your kids wants to go?

Same with your forties.

So you reach your fifties and sixties and the kids have moved out and you think you're free at last. Nope. Grandchildren.
    Last edited by rogue06; 05-17-2018, 03:02 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

For years I have likened McDonald's to Hotel California in that try as you like you can never leave.

When you were in your teens you went their to meet up with friends and grab a bite.

When you were in your twenties you went there because you were basically broke and you could at least get something to eat for a dollar or two.

When you were in your thirties you finally thought you got away but guess where your kids wants to go?

Same with your forties.

So you reach your fifties and sixties and the kids have moved out and you think you're free at last. Nope. Grandchildren.
      Not mine.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Same with your forties.

I think the only time I got McDonald's growing up was when I was taking a bus somewhere with the Boy Scouts. Dad didn't have a whole lot of money on a teacher's salary, and the grandparents were far enough away that I only saw them on holidays (and grandma's food was a step or three above dad's). Being single, I don't have kids/grandkids dragging me either.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
          Don't often have occasion to get fast food. When on a road trip, wife likes to stop anywhere but McD's, BK, or Wendy's. Usually I just want coffee because I don't want to get out of the car. See, if you get out of the car for a "stretch break," the next thing you know it's a half-hour later.

Culver's is about the bottom of the barrel for me.
          A half hour and $50 later!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Not mine.
            Substitute Tim Hortons[1] for Canuckistanis

1. Which appears to be having some problems

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Substitute Tim Hortons[1] for Canuckistanis

]1.[/b] Which appears to be having some problems
              Meh. I can't remember the last time I was at a Timmy's.

When I go out for coffee I go to our local grocery store which has a small coffee shop in it. I'm always with a friend, it's far less busy than Timmy's or Second Cup or Macdonalds, and we can have a good visit without 500 seniors making a lot of racket and crowding us out.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                When I go out for coffee I go to our local grocery store which has a small coffee shop in it. I'm always with a friend, it's far less busy than Timmy's or Second Cup or Macdonalds, and we can have a good visit without 500 seniors making a lot of racket and crowding us out.
                I'm sure the local grocery store has friendlier staff too! Besides, Tim Horton tends to hear a who. That says it all.
                ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                  I'm sure the local grocery store has friendlier staff too! Besides, Tim Horton tends to hear a who. That says it all.
                  The staff at the grocery store is wonderful! It's nice that they treat ALL their customers with the same respect and grace, and not just the Mom of one of them.

Comment