Buc-ee's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buc-ee's

I'll be mildly surprised if anybody besides me has experienced Buc-ee's.... as far as I can tell, they're only in Texas, and fairly limited.

It's like the guy who came up with the idea realized what a cash cow TRUCK STOPS were, and decided, "hey, I'll build a bunch of TRUCK STOPS, but don't allow any TRUCKS!"

Good points
    • restrooms are clean, and you pretty much get your own little room when you go to the head - privacy with the door shut - and they get cleaned FREQUENTLY
    • gas is comparatively cheap, but not necessarily always the best deal
    • VERY good deli, with made to order sandwiches that you order from little kiosk computers
    • ALL kinds of jerky, nuts, survival food and BEAVER NUGGETS
    • Most locations have HUNDREDS (slight exaggeration) of fuel islands, and there are often cars at every pump, and others waiting to get in...

Interesting points
    1. They have HUGE selection of fountain drinks and slushies
    2. They sell all kinds of Buc-ees branded merchandise for ridiculously high prices
    3. They sell BBQ pits and equipment and name brand coolers (Yeti and the like) for astronomical prices - and they sell a ton of them!
    4. They seem to have a cult following of people who just can't get enough Buc-ees

Anybody else been?

buceesbeaverandkids.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Oh, and they have an awesome, if terribly overpriced, chicken salad made with white meat chicken, walnuts and cranberries.

Chicken-Salad.jpg

And Beaver Nuggets.

buc-ee_s_beaver_nuggets_matthew_martinez_dallas_observer.jpg

The Beaver Nuggets are kinda like Cracker Jacks, but without candy-coated popcorn, peanuts and a prize.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sounds a lot like a Wawa, except they don't have the BBQ pit stuff, and aren't horribly overpriced. They just opened one in DC (without the gas pumps, though).
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I'll be mildly surprised if anybody besides me has experienced
        Buc-ee's.... as far as I can tell, they're only in Texas, and fairly limited.
        And WHERE do you think I live???
        Last edited by Littlejoe; 05-18-2018, 04:07 PM.
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

white meat chicken
          I thought all chicken meat was white?

ETA: So, I looked it up on google. I guess I learned something new today.

Comment

Originally posted by CP
            Oh, and they have an awesome, if terribly overpriced, chicken salad made with white meat chicken, walnuts and cranberries.
            That would be easy enough to duplicate at home. I make a salad with greens, chicken bits and dried cranberries and pecans. Sometimes mandarin oranges if they're in season (or canned if they aren't). We usually just use whatever salad dressing we like on it, but raspberry vinaigrette is very nice.

You could leave out the greens and mix the other ingredients with mayonnaise and likely get a similar result to what is in your picture.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Sounds a lot like a Wawa, except they don't have the BBQ pit stuff, and aren't horribly overpriced. They just opened one in DC (without the gas pumps, though).
              Other than that, exactly the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                [FONT=Verdana]
                And WHERE do you think I live???
                I didn't know if they had any in your neck of the woods (or highway)

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                  I thought all chicken meat was white?

ETA: So, I looked it up on google. I guess I learned something new today.
                  Yup, white meat cuts are the breast, breast tenders and wings. Dark meat cuts are the drumstick and thighs. I actually like the drumstick, but not in Chicken Salad.

Comment

I'll be mildly surprised if anybody besides me has experienced Buc-ee's.... as far as I can tell, they're only in Texas, and fairly limited.

It's like the guy who came up with the idea realized what a cash cow TRUCK STOPS were, and decided, "hey, I'll build a bunch of TRUCK STOPS, but don't allow any TRUCKS!"

Good points
                    • restrooms are clean, and you pretty much get your own little room when you go to the head - privacy with the door shut - and they get cleaned FREQUENTLY
                    • gas is comparatively cheap, but not necessarily always the best deal
                    • VERY good deli, with made to order sandwiches that you order from little kiosk computers
                    • ALL kinds of jerky, nuts, survival food and BEAVER NUGGETS
                    • Most locations have HUNDREDS (slight exaggeration) of fuel islands, and there are often cars at every pump, and others waiting to get in...

Interesting points
                    1. They have HUGE selection of fountain drinks and slushies
                    2. They sell all kinds of Buc-ees branded merchandise for ridiculously high prices
                    3. They sell BBQ pits and equipment and name brand coolers (Yeti and the like) for astronomical prices - and they sell a ton of them!
                    4. They seem to have a cult following of people who just can't get enough Buc-ees

Anybody else been?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27850[/ATTACH]
                    I've always wondered why they don't allow trucks. The first time I saw a Buc-ees, I thought it was a truck stop.

Anyway, we don't have one terribly close to us, but you can't drive from one city to another around here without coming across at least one. Rational Gaze loves their iced tea and we have to stop for some whenever we pass a Buc-ees.
                    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                      I've always wondered why they don't allow trucks. The first time I saw a Buc-ees, I thought it was a truck stop.
                      That seems to be a big part of his business model - make it specifically for families, not truckers.

Anyway, we don't have one terribly close to us, but you can't drive from one city to another around here without coming across at least one. Rational Gaze loves their iced tea and we have to stop for some whenever we pass a Buc-ees.
                      Hmmm, never tried their iced tea.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post

When I pass through my dad's area I always grab a gallon or two of Rutter's iced tea, a nostalgic favorite from high school. Sometimes I'll take a cooler along and get some (chocolate) milk, because they have their own dairy and it's really rich.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Dark meat chicken is evil. Does that make me racist? or chickenist?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Dark meat chicken is evil. Does that make me racist? or chickenist?
                            I prefer dark meat chicken & turkey.

Of course, I'm a bad pig.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              I prefer dark meat chicken & turkey.

Of course, I'm a bad pig.
                              I am not a bad pig, but I much prefer the dark meat on chicken or turkey. Those white meats seem to lack flavor. I vote for the piggy.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment