Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take Back Our Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I think things will get better. Trump has done some cleanup of the swamp. We just have to get the rogue politicians out of the system.
    do you think they can squirrel out of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I have very little hope that we will ever come back from the incredibly polarized parties who are far more concerned about getting/staying in power than what's good for America.

And the real sadness comes from the fact that the people in those camps don’t even see themselves as part of the problem.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        do you think they can squirrel out of this?
        smiley beating.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have no problem with this - as long as people understand the meaning of the Constitution based on the knowledge gleaned from the earliest writings, not from modern aberrations seeking to nullify the power of the Constitution.
          MW, different philosophies on how the constitution is to be interpreted and applied are also part of the discussion. That’s the point. It’s not unamerican to disagree, even on this.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post

And the real sadness comes from the fact that the people in those camps don’t even see themselves as part of the problem.
            ...OR, have a common vision for what actually IS best for the country.

And, you coulda written your comment as....

And the real sadness comes from the fact that the people in these camps don’t even see ourselves as part of the problem.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think things will get better. Trump has done some cleanup of the swamp. We just have to get the rogue politicians out of the system.
              On this we definitely disagree. Trump has just stirred up the swamp a bit, and then added new players to the muck. I have no idea how anyone can see what he has done as “cleaning.”

Comment

...OR, have a common vision for what actually IS best for the country.

And, you coulda written your comment as....

And the real sadness comes from the fact that the people in these camps don’t even see ourselves as part of the problem.
                Interesting...you perceive me as being unwilling to listen to other points of view?

Comment

Interesting...you perceive me as being unwilling to listen to other points of view?
                  Quite honestly, I think you present yourself as "listening", and I think you might actually believe that, but your mind is so made up it's like you're only here to advance your own ideas.

As my mother used to tell me -- "you'd argue with the Devil and wear him down!"
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes.

You tend to reflexively handwave nearly everything you disagree with as a "right-wing meme" or some such nonsense and simply ignore it thereafter.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Quite honestly, I think you present yourself as "listening", and I think you might actually believe that, but your mind is so made up it's like you're only here to advance your own ideas.

That sounds eerily familiar

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        That sounds eerily familiar
                        uhhuh

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

I definitely would wear the devil down. My wife will attest to that.😁

Comment

On this we definitely disagree. Trump has just stirred up the swamp a bit, and then added new players to the muck. I have no idea how anyone can see what he has done as “cleaning.”
                            That just shows how deep the swamp is and how important it is to clean up the swamp. We have seen how dirty the FBI is. We already knew the drug-running CIA was largely dirty. Heck, because of Trump even Hollywood has removed some of its swamp monsters. It is a messy job and won't look like anything is getting clean until a bunch of the work is done. But keep praying for good results.

Comment

I see. So that is how you became a country preacher.

Comment

I see. So that is how you became a country preacher.
                                Mama had a lot to do with it, yeah.

Comment