Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Poll: Do you dislike Mexican immigrants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Did not address the issue, you just slandered me with an unfounded accusations.
    Yes sir, cause I wanna be just like you!

Here you go again....

No, but tRump despises ALL Mexican immigrants including Mexican ethnic judges that are citizens.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      You say that...

Then you go ahead and do it yourself:

Don't ya just love it when they unwittingly fall into your trap?

smug.jpg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27942[/ATTACH]
        Kind of picking the low hanging fruit here...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Kind of picking the low hanging fruit here...
          Yeah, I outta hang my head and be shamed.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27942[/ATTACH]
            This is shunya we are talking about here. He is about as self aware as JimL.

Comment

Yeah, I outta hang my head and be shamed.
              yes, yes you should...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

This is shunya we are talking about here. He is about as self aware as JimL.
                The only apparent response is ridicule and slander when there is a lack of coherent responses in a meaningless thread
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                  I suspect this poll's going to suffer from the "I'm not racist, but..." phenomena. People in the US have learned to say they're not racist when directly asked, and hence will say that they don't dislike Latinos (or simply choose not to respond to the poll if they know they're going to be truthfully forced to vote for the 'wrong' answer), but will turn around and advocate for policies that are based on a dislike of Latinos or that are pretty unsubtle about the racist motivations of them. In short, if you take a bunch of racists and poll them as to whether they are racist, they will nearly all vote no.
                  Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                  I doubt that anyone anywhere is completely free of racist views, and I certainly don't claim to be.

However, based on this data I linked elsewhere, I am apparently less racist than Americans on average, because limiting "total" immigration is not a big deal to me.
                  I was born and raised in a small southern California town called Barstow. Any time someone asks and I tell them they almost always say "I've been through there." In any case the population is very high in Mexican/Hispanics or what ever you may call them. There were pretty good numbers of Blacks but still a minority. The point of this is that until I got into Junior High it never occurred to me to say, "my Mexican friend . . ." Or "my Black friend . . . "

When we got into 7th grade one of my good friends who happened to be black began to prefer to associate more with other blacks. I thought it odd when I asked him about it probable involved some social stuff that I was not aware of (yeah, I was as you can tell pretty naive). We remained friends, but gradually drifted apart.

I say I am not a racist because no one ever taught me otherwise.

I knew about racial strife, of course, but it was something that happened in the 'backwards south' but not in my world. My mother tried to marry me off to a very nice Mexican girl she worked with, but that did not take. One day I came home from school and found my folks discussing selling our house and moving because some blacks had moved in a couple blocks away. I sort of hit the ceiling, probably out of my proper roll as a son. In any case the subject never came up again.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

The only apparent response is ridicule and slander when there is a lack of coherent responses in a meaningless thread
                    If you didn't go around doing that pretty much ALL THE TIME, your criticism might actually have some bite.

Comment

Shuny, honey, you put forth some of the most childish and inane ridicule there is - you really don't deserve a coherent response very often.

When you can grow up and post sensible stuff, maybe you'll get sensible responses.

Comment

Shuny, honey, you put forth some of the most childish and inane ridicule there is - you really don't deserve a coherent response very often.

When you can grow up and post sensible stuff, maybe you'll get sensible responses.
                        Oh my! Shuny, honey . . . how trite and phony Southern.

Black kettle calls the black pot black. Take responsibility for your own posts.

Base on tRump's own words: tRump despises ALL Mexican immigrants including Mexican ethnic judges that are citizens.
                        Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-23-2018, 02:31 PM.
                        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Black kettle calls the black pot black. Take responsibility for your own posts.
                          How racist of you!

Comment

Yes, that really is.

Comment

Yes, that really is.
                              Bless his heart!

Comment

Bless his heart!
                                Yeah, sorry - forgot that part!

Comment