Recurring Dreams / Nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurring Dreams / Nightmares

I just filled my tank at the gas station - that's becoming a nightmare.

But that's not what this thread is about.

It's been AGES since I've had that nightmare/dream about showing up for class to take a test, and discovering I forgot to wear clothes.

I do, however, still have these recurring nightmarettes where I fill up my tank, forget to put the nozzle back, and drive off with a gas pump dragging behind me.

gas 1.jpggas 2.jpg
    gas 3.jpggas 4.jpg
    gas 5.jpggas 6.jpg

It makes me EXTRA careful when I leave the gas station, and, no, it has never happened to me.

yet
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I always stand there waiting for the pump to cut off so I can top off my tank. I've left the gas cap off before, but never come close to leaving the nozzle in the tank.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      I always stand there waiting for the pump to cut off so I can top off my tank.
      Me, too, even though there's often a warning on the pump telling me not to!

gas 8.jpg

(I'm thinking that may have been in California, as I don't remember seeing those in the past few years)

I've left the gas cap off before, but never come close to leaving the nozzle in the tank.
      My current vehicle doesn't even have a gas cap! You just close the filler door.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This one could go here AND in the Engrish thread!!!

gas 10.jpg

Comment

Being attacked by mice.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
            Being attacked by mice.
            While sleeping?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
              Being attacked by mice.
              I've had that one too. As well as snakes, hamsters, leeches, worms crawling inside my skin that I have to pull out. Pretty horrible stuff. Probably something to do with my chronic pain condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                While sleeping?
                Not necessarily. I just find myself attacked by a mouse.
                sigpic

Comment

While sleeping?
                  For me, yes. They will often be crawling inside the mattress, but I can feel them moving around inside there. Trying to get rid of these nightmare mice doesn't work as they are immortal in the nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    For me, yes. They will often be crawling inside the mattress, but I can feel them moving around inside there. Trying to get rid of these nightmare mice doesn't work as they are immortal in the nightmare.
                    And the first thing you have to remember about dreams / nightmares - nothing needs to make sense!

Comment

And the first thing you have to remember about dreams / nightmares - nothing needs to make sense!
                      I've noticed. I've even had some where they don't make any sense at all, but when I'm in them I'm like "Yeah, that makes perfect sense", or "we have to do X because of Y" without any logical connection between the two.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27930[/ATTACH]
                        What is "recoery"?

I have a recurring dream where I'm trying to drive a large vehicle, usually a bus or RV, from the driver's seat which is in the very back of the vehicle. I have to rely on someone up front telling me which way to turn.

I also keep having dreams about my family living in unrealistic houses and I go visit them in these houses. One had basically a giant snow globe over the entire house, which was a mansion. Another house was originally a funeral home that had been renovated and converted to a shopping centre, then a motel, and finally my family moved into it as a house. Another was a beachside single-story office building converted into a motel. Others include apparently normal apartments (until you meet management, who has weird meetings in an RV on the property and yes, I had to drive this RV from the back) and apartments downtown that are really just hollow spaces under another building. I've dreamed about them living in the duplexes we're in now IRL, only they are all together in one building as apartments.

I keep dreaming about malls, too, only when we get there it turns out it's a videogame level that I have to get through with moving platforms and everything.

I have very strange dreams.
                        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                          What is "recoery"?

I have a recurring dream where I'm trying to drive a large vehicle, usually a bus or RV, from the driver's seat which is in the very back of the vehicle. I have to rely on someone up front telling me which way to turn.

I also keep having dreams about my family living in unrealistic houses and I go visit them in these houses. One had basically a giant snow globe over the entire house, which was a mansion. Another house was originally a funeral home that had been renovated and converted to a shopping centre, then a motel, and finally my family moved into it as a house. Another was a beachside single-story office building converted into a motel. Others include apparently normal apartments (until you meet management, who has weird meetings in an RV on the property and yes, I had to drive this RV from the back) and apartments downtown that are really just hollow spaces under another building. I've dreamed about them living in the duplexes we're in now IRL, only they are all together in one building as apartments.

I keep dreaming about malls, too, only when we get there it turns out it's a videogame level that I have to get through with moving platforms and everything.

I have very strange dreams.
                          Unique. Not strange.

Comment

I still dream about forgetting my locker combination. And I graduated 46 years ago......

I also dream about my parents, who are both gone now. Strangely, I don't dream about my brother and sister who have passed.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Dreams are strange.
                              sigpic

Comment