Recurring Dreams / Nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I couldn't. Not in a million years. But, out of curiosity, what would that solve?
    Having to pump your own gas.
    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
      Having to pump your own gas.
      Is that a fact?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I just filled my tank at the gas station - that's becoming a nightmare.

But that's not what this thread is about.

It's been AGES since I've had that nightmare/dream about showing up for class to take a test, and discovering I forgot to wear clothes.

I do, however, still have these recurring nightmarettes where I fill up my tank, forget to put the nozzle back, and drive off with a gas pump dragging behind me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27924[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27925[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]27926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27927[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]27928[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27929[/ATTACH]

It makes me EXTRA careful when I leave the gas station, and, no, it has never happened to me.

yet

I saw someone do that less than a year ago.

And I saw recently that a gas station was showing that this would cost about $1800 in damages/repairs.

The moral of this post is probably not to be texting when you are filling your tank.

Comment

What most folks call classic nightmares I view as nothing more than an adventure. What causes me to wake up in a cold sweat is dreaming that I just screwed up something big time that is going to hurt my friends and family and there is nothing I can do to stop or even mitigate it. And everyone is either really pissed off or very, very disappointed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            You are both older than I.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

That reminds me of a friend of my mothers from many years ago when I was but a young'un. She was probably around 50 but always claimed she was "around 29." One time after she said it I whispered to my brother something like "yeah, but how many times around?"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Is that a fact?
              Yep, in Oregon you can't pump your own gas either. I think NJ and OR are the only states.

Comment

As for recurring dreams, I dream a lot about traveling with my deceased mother (she loved to travel). It never seems to freak me out that she is dead (or at least shouldn't be there)

Comment

Originally posted by Celebrian View Post
                  As for recurring dreams, I dream a lot about traveling with my deceased mother (she loved to travel). It never seems to freak me out that she is dead (or at least shouldn't be there)
                  Right after my mother died and if I dreamed about her I actually would interrupt my own dream to say this was impossible since she's dead. That hasn't happened in a couple of years now.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Right after my mother died and if I dreamed about her I actually would interrupt my own dream to say this was impossible since she's dead. That hasn't happened in a couple of years now.
                    It's been over 10 years since she died, but right after she did, I had at least one dream like that. She was alive in my dream, and I knew she shouldn't be. I was rather depressed that it wasn't real when I woke myself up.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I always stand there waiting for the pump to cut off so I can top off my tank. I've left the gas cap off before, but never come close to leaving the nozzle in the tank.
                      Same here. I don't see how anyone can forget to put the hose back. I have left off my cap a couple of times on my old car where it was not attached and I had to lay it on the trunk while filling. Lost one that way.

The photo of the Sheriff car with the pump handle sticking out is particularly worrisome.

Comment

Anyone else ever have the teeth dream? Where you notice a loose tooth and wiggle it and it comes out, then others come out and pretty soon you don't have any teeth? Or hair sometimes.

Or is that just a pirate thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Celebrian View Post
                          It's been over 10 years since she died, but right after she did, I had at least one dream like that. She was alive in my dream, and I knew she shouldn't be. I was rather depressed that it wasn't real when I woke myself up.
                          Those are like the dreams I have of my parents, too. In my dream, I know they are not supposed to be alive. In fact, I remember one where I said, in my dream, to my Dad, "You aren't supposed to be here".

I suppose some whacko spiritualist would be telling me that I was getting messages "from the other side!", but I know better.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Anyone else ever have the teeth dream? Where you notice a loose tooth and wiggle it and it comes out, then others come out and pretty soon you don't have any teeth? Or hair sometimes.

More of a rum thing, probably.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I've had that one yeah. Although mine usually grow back in, and repeatedly fall out. It's like a fountain of teeth in those nightmares.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                More of a rum thing, probably.
                                That doesn't explain my case.

Comment