West Hollywood to present Stormy Daniels with key to city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I don't know, I'm just amazed. I have family members who are devout Southern Baptists (attend church multiple times a week, daily extended prayer, etc.) and they are just gaga over Trump. I don't get it at all.
    I know quite a few Southern Baptists, and we're not so much enthralled with Trump, as we are glad that Hillary is not nominating SCOTUS jurists. I've even heard it said "it's not the first time God used an ass to accomplish his purpose".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Personally, I can't separate his personal life. In the Old Testament books like Kings and Samuel, when the author evaluates whether someone was a good king or a bad king, pretty much the only criteria used is the king's personal life. I'm sure most poll respondents are considering his policy though.
      Kings didn't run political campaigns to get voted into office. And it wasn't God's plan for Israel to be governed by kings. That was man's idea. Samuel tried to warn them, but God told Samuel, "they have rejected me as their King". We've been in trouble ever since.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I get the SCOTUS thing. I guess it ultimately depends on whether you think continuing to support him is worth the damage to the church's credibility (and yes the world has picked up on this, and how many of his biggest supporters were vocal critics of Bill Clinton's adultery).
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I get the SCOTUS thing. I guess it ultimately depends on whether you think continuing to support him is worth the damage to the church's credibility (and yes the world has picked up on this, and how many of his biggest supporters were vocal critics of Bill Clinton's adultery).
          Personally, I'm no more 'supporting him' than I did Barak Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Personally, I'm no more 'supporting him' than I did Barak Obama.
            I don't mean you personally
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I don't mean you personally

Comment

I'm okay if I never hear her name again. It's clear the religious right doesn't care if Trump cheats on his wife (social conservative stalwart Tony Perkins said he gets a "mulligan" on it), and we already know the left will seize any opportunity to attack him... so it's irrelevant.
                Or those in the religious right are tired of their religion being used as a club by the same people that could care less about morality.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I mean, the election is long over, and Hillary is out of the picture, but his approval rating continues to rise...

I don't know, I'm just amazed. I have family members who are devout Southern Baptists (attend church multiple times a week, daily extended prayer, etc.) and they are just gaga over Trump. I don't get it at all.
                  I think it’s simple. Trump annoys those that use their religion as a club, while not caring about their candidates being moral. Many of the same people wetting themselves over Stormy Daniels are the same ones that made excuses for serial adulterer Bill Clinton and his enabling wife Hillary Clinton.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    I think it’s simple. Trump annoys those that use their religion as a club, while not caring about their candidates being moral. Many of the same people wetting themselves over Stormy Daniels are the same ones that made excuses for serial adulterer Bill Clinton and his enabling wife Hillary Clinton.
                    But as Christians, morals do matter to us, so it will not do to simply point to the other side and use it to make excuses for our own enabling behaviors.

Comment

But as Christians, morals do matter to us, so it will not do to simply point to the other side and use it to make excuses for our own enabling behaviors.
                      And there was two choices:

1. Allow Hillary Clinton to get elected. Who had contempt for the religious right and wanted to continue with keeping her boot in their necks and who cares less about morality.
                      2. Allow Donald Trump to get elected. Who does morally questionable things (to say the least), but at least won’t have a boot on their neck.

Those where the only choices and continue to be the only choices. What option should the religious right choose?
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        And there was two choices:

1. Allow Hillary Clinton to get elected. Who had contempt for the religious right and wanted to continue with keeping her boot in their necks and who cares less about morality.
                        2. Allow Donald Trump to get elected. Who does morally questionable things (to say the least), but at least won’t have a boot on their neck.

Those where the only choices and continue to be the only choices. What option should the religious right choose?
                        There's also a third option: Reluctantly vote Trump in but stop enabling/ defending him at every turn.

Comment

There's also a third option: Reluctantly vote Trump in but stop enabling/ defending him at every turn.
                          Most I’ve read don’t care for the guy’s moral failings at all, but get tired of the fake outrage and flat out lying.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

15 year president of the Family Research Council, which is historically connected to Focus on the Family (they officially split for some legal reasoning I can't remember).
                            Then he should know better.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment