Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Credit Unions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    In Germany, they named their banks after me.

The second part?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The second part?
      Must be a commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        The Credit Unions, however, are, pretty much by definition, regional. If you travel a lot, you're not likely to find a branch outside your local area. So, I use both - a "big bank" and a "community" credit union.
        The nice thing about credit unions though, is that they have a cooperative thing where you can do business at one at the branch of another. When I first got my student loan, I went into a local branch to make interest payments. Then when I moved back home and started using my old credit union again, I went into one of their branches to make payments. Now it's all online, and I can actually transfer money between my accounts at the two credit unions. I have some bills that are paid from one account and some that are paid through the other, depending on whether the payee accepts credit card payments and which credit union's bill pay app is easier to use, etc.

Had I known about shared branches when I moved away to go to school, I would never have opened my account with Chase. They charged me all kinds of fees because minimum direct deposit amounts, minimum balances etc. just were not realistic for me at the time.
        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
          The nice thing about credit unions though, is that they have a cooperative thing where you can do business at one at the branch of another. When I first got my student loan, I went into a local branch to make interest payments. Then when I moved back home and started using my old credit union again, I went into one of their branches to make payments. Now it's all online, and I can actually transfer money between my accounts at the two credit unions. I have some bills that are paid from one account and some that are paid through the other, depending on whether the payee accepts credit card payments and which credit union's bill pay app is easier to use, etc.

Had I known about shared branches when I moved away to go to school, I would never have opened my account with Chase. They charged me all kinds of fees because minimum direct deposit amounts, minimum balances etc. just were not realistic for me at the time.
          Yeah, Chase is EBOL -- they're all about PROFITS.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            The Credit Unions, however, are, pretty much by definition, regional. If you travel a lot, you're not likely to find a branch outside your local area. So, I use both - a "big bank" and a "community" credit union.
            My Credit Union, Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, has a branch office in my home town, Barstow, California.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              My Credit Union, Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, has a branch office in my home town, Barstow, California.
              Interesting - out of curiosity, I checked with my credit union about alliances with other credit unions, and there's nothing except some ATM sharing. But they have branches in most of the cities in Texas where I need them.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                In Germany, they named their banks after me.

They don't like you very much do they?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  Are you sure they didn't open that branch in Alaska, cause they said, in Barstow, "hey, our favorite customer is moving to Alaska, let's open a branch up there for him"?

Comment