Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Guitar Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Players

Does anyone play an axe here? How long have you been playing? How good are you? How often do you practice? What guitars do you own?

I play. Not good. basically I can strum chords and play some simple songs. I have an Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer acoustic/electric.

Looks like this:

I haven't played it in a few years now though.

Comment

I just own an old acoustic guitar - and can play C F and G (or G7 on a good day)

Haven't played in a long time, but wanna get back to it.

My oldest brother (in Heaven since about 1974) played a 12 string, and he was every bit as good (IMOHBAO) as Chet Atkins -- that boy could PLAY!!!!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I just own an old acoustic guitar - and can play C F and G (or G7 on a good day)

Haven't played in a long time, but wanna get back to it.

My oldest brother (in Heaven since about 1974) played a 12 string, and he was every bit as good (IMOHBAO) as Chet Atkins -- that boy could PLAY!!!!
        I learned how to play to impress a girl. Didn't work.

Now my brother, he is 14 years younger than me. I took my guitar home (I had two electric guitars at the time) when he was still living at home as a 14 year old. He wanted to learn how to play, so I gave him one of mine. I came home a few months later and the kid was playing music off of the radio by ear. He liked Metallica and that type of music. He just picked it up. Natural talent. Started playing in bands with his friends. He is in his 40s now and still plays. I think he owns like a dozen guitars now, including bass.

I was lucky to learn how to play more than 4 chords. But I was at a disadvantage. I am left-handed and I couldn't find a left-handed guitar so I learned how to play right-handed. But later when I did get a left-handed guitar, it felt really weird and I couldn't make the chords with my right hand, so I just stuck with playing it right-handed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I learned how to play to impress a girl. Didn't work.

Now my brother, he is 14 years younger than me. I took my guitar home (I had two electric guitars at the time) when he was still living at home as a 14 year old. He wanted to learn how to play, so I gave him one of mine. I came home a few months later and the kid was playing music off of the radio by ear. He liked Metallica and that type of music. He just picked it up. Natural talent. Started playing in bands with his friends. He is in his 40s now and still plays. I think he owns like a dozen guitars now, including bass.

I was lucky to learn how to play more than 4 chords. But I was at a disadvantage. I am left-handed and I couldn't find a left-handed guitar so I learned how to play right-handed. But later when I did get a left-handed guitar, it felt really weird and I couldn't make the chords with my right hand, so I just stuck with playing it right-handed.
          My aforementioned brother left for the US Navy with no guitar experience whatsoever, a couple years later, came home on leave with a guitar and a girlfriend - and wow.... we sat for HOURS asking him to play various songs... he could play AND sing, and he was really good at it.

He was in ordnance on the USS Ranger (aircraft carrier) and when he wasn't loading missiles on airplanes, he was practicing and playing his guitar.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My baby brother much younger than I am (2 years) played very well. His fingers finally rebelled on him a few years ago and he had to give it up. I think that was as hard for him as giving up bees was for me.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I play. Not good. basically I can strum chords and play some simple songs. I have an Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer acoustic/electric.
              I've seen you play before . . . somewhere . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                What you mean is you can play literally every contemporary worship song

Mr Guitar is a guy who's finger style I'd love to develope.

Comment

Originally posted by Goulette View Post
                  What you mean is you can play literally every contemporary worship song
                  Along with most folk music - Michael Row Your Boat, etc....

Mr Guitar is a guy who's finger style I'd love to develope.

Comment

I've seen you play before . . . somewhere . . .

You've been to one of my concerts? Did you get the T-shirt?

Comment

You've been to one of my concerts? Did you get the T-shirt?
                      I caught the pick you tossed into the crowd at the end.

Comment

I caught the pick you tossed into the crowd at the end.

That was by accident. I forgot to strap it down.

Comment

That was by accident. I forgot to strap it down.
                          And how many times did and I warn you about how dangerous it was for you to keep doing that Pete Townshend "Windmill" move with a hook?

Not once. That's right. We never did, but mossy sure did. And you shoulda listened to her

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Spark should also be warned not to demolish his guitar Townshend style:

The fortunate thing is he can just attach strings to his leg and he'll be back in business!

Comment

Spark should also be warned not to demolish his guitar Townshend style:

The fortunate thing is he can just attach strings to his leg and he'll be back in business!
                              Until he decided he wanted an electric his leg/guitar and hooked himself up to a car battery...

Let's just say even the clones at roguetech have more smarts than that. We all abandoned ship when Sparko pulled out the jumper cables and started attaching them... Well, forget about that (I wish I could). Here's a photo either the Annoying Orange or that singular naughty swine[1] took showing what happened from our perspective:

1. That would be Bill the Cat and one bad pig (a.k.a. Miley the catty and )

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment