Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI report shows 10% of active shooters stopped by citizen with a gun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    I don't think any amount of money justifies a single human death. I think the deaths from car accidents and medical mistakes are justified because of the practicality of cars and medicine, the same as choking deaths are justified by the practicality of eating or tripping deaths are justified by the practicality of walking. We should do what we can to mitigate these deaths but at a certain point it's a risk inherent to living.

You are the one who said that deaths are justified based on economics, so I want to know how you justify them. You stated your position, so it's only right you explain it.
    I think gun ownership is practical and the deaths from them are justified because of that. However, you still cannot get away from the economic impact of shutting down ANY industry. Does money alone justify it? NO...but if you couple it with the other benefits, then yes, it's justified. Twisting my words to say something I didn't say is dishonest. I said it's as justified as the medical industry and auto industry...not that the money justifies it. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

In another thread Sparko posted this gem!

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Robber Tries to Carjack Two Different Cars. Both Drivers Pull Out Guns.

When a man stole a cash register drawer from a Walmart, he was looking for a way to make a quick getaway. He attempted to carjack two separate vehicles, both occupied by customers, by threatening them with a knife but was thwarted when the would-be victims both produced firearms and prepared to defend themselves.
      https://tribunist.com/news/robber-th...pull-out-guns/
      In the article, the first man had to defend himself from the knife attack...I believe the outcome might have been very different if he hadn't been able to retrieve his gun.
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment