Truck Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Pretty soon their won't be any truck drivers.

That's all we need: Self-crashing cars and self-crashing trucks.
    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
      As long as they crash into each other, nobody gets hurt!

(assuming they do it carefully enough)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

America has a massive truck driver shortage. Here’s why few want an $80,000 job.
        Is the industry in a crisis? “We are seeing record bookings this year and record pay per mile. The reason is there aren't enough drivers. The whole industry is a mess. And it's going to get a hell of a lot more interesting soon. No one knows what to do about the driver shortage. People are banking on driverless trucks, but those are not coming anytime soon.”

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          I understand where you're coming from, and I do appreciate their contribution to our lives.

However, in 1989 my car was backed into by a gravel truck with a pup. He was turning right and I was behind him. He changed his mind and decided to go straight across the intersection instead, and had to back up to do it. I had started to move up as he turned the corner, and had no time to back up before he hit me.

He didn't even feel the collision, but continued backing up until he was straight enough to go through the intersection. I was trying to back up, blow the horn, and get out of my car all at the same time. I actually hit the car behind me as I was backing up.

Then I had to run across the street to get him and tell him he had backed into me. Fortunately there were lots of witnesses, including an RCMP who just happened to show up out of nowhere just after the incident.

My car was totalled. I had to fight with the owner of the trucking company who didn't want to "increase his insurance rates", so I had to threaten him with court, with the officer fully behind me. The guy finally settled out of his own pocket, but it was a hassle.

I don't like gravel trucks.
          We were hit by a semi once, we all still have issues from it. Our car was totalled* as well. The guy seemed out of it, and his face was extremely red. I'm wondering if he had been drinking or something.

*Doesn't show up as valid spelling even though it counts as such on dictionary.com .

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            We were hit by a semi once, we all still have issues from it. Our car was totalled* as well. The guy seemed out of it, and his face was extremely red. I'm wondering if he had been drinking or something.

*Doesn't show up as valid spelling even though it counts as such on dictionary.com .
            Gentle

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

One of my most 'not fun' duties as a police officer was when I stopped an Exxon fuel tanker for speeding, and the driver had been drinking. I arrested him for DWI, and he cried like a baby, telling me he had been with Exxon for 20 years, had never been in trouble before, but if he got a DWI he would absolutely be fired and he had a wife and kids to support. He stressed that he would never be able to drive a truck again, and "that's all he knew".

I really felt bad for the guy, but I wasn't the one who decided to have a few beers and then climb into a fully loaded fuel tanker and speed on down the highway. He cried all through the booking process, begging me to 'give him a break'.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                  Maybe it's time to make a remake of Maximum Overdrive.

Comment

Just add it to the dictionary TWeb uses here.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment