Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

ABC Fires Roseanne...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paula Deen?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Paula Deen?
      Her, yeah!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Her, yeah!
        They went after her like mad dogs. She's bounced back but still. And of course what she supposedly did wasn't even close to what Roseanne Barr did.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          They went after her like mad dogs. She's bounced back but still. And of course what she supposedly did wasn't even close to what Roseanne Barr did.
          Then there was another whole round where they accused her of complaining that "the wealthy Jews" got her fired. It was actually a piece like "the Onion" that made it up, but other "news" sources dutifully carried it on as fact.

Meanwhile, my wife and I ate at her restaurant in Savannah, and it was ... "ok".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Meanwhile, my wife and I ate at her restaurant in Savannah, and it was ... "ok".
            You told them to hold the butter didn't ya?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              You told them to hold the butter didn't ya?
              Mo bacon, less butter!

Comment

She's not really a conservative... she tried running for President in 2012 for the Green Party, and tweeted about how everybody who ate at Chick Fil A deserved to get cancer. She thinks Bush did 9/11. She's just plain crazy.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  She's not really a conservative... she tried running for President in 2012 for the Green Party, and tweeted about how everybody who ate at Chick Fil A deserved to get cancer. She thinks Bush did 9/11. She's just plain crazy.
                  She made the fact that she was nuts obvious when she grabbed her crotch during the national anthem in 91. Why she wasn't cancelled then is beyond me.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

She made the fact that she was nuts obvious when she grabbed her crotch during the national anthem in 91. Why she wasn't cancelled then is beyond me.
                    THAT was when she really showed me what a nutcase she was. She thought she was being cute - she was being disgusting.

Comment

If Woody Allen can still have a career, I can't be surprised by anybody still getting second chances in Hollywood.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Because back then, she was apologetically liberal, and they're allowed to get away with just about anything. But ever since she started openly supporting Trump, she's had a target on her back.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So here's what surprises me, networks that run the old version of her show have decided to pull it. They haven't all pulled the Cosby Show. That shows some serious issues with bias.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

So here's what surprises me, networks that run the old version of her show have decided to pull it. They haven't all pulled the Cosby Show. That shows some serious issues with bias.
                            Really. I haven't followed all that.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Because back then, she was apologetically liberal, and they're allowed to get away with just about anything. But ever since she started openly supporting Trump, she's had a target on her back.
                              Didn't Alec Baldwin say something nasty about gays?
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

And of course, according to Valerie Jarrett (Obama's Svengali[1] and the target of Barr's racist tweet), this is all Trump's fault. When it was brought up at an MSNBC town hall on racism, Jarrett didn't even mention Barr but instead launched into a rant in which she put the blame squarely on Trump declaring that, "The tone does start at the top, and we like to look up to our president and feel as though he reflects the values of our country." While she did mention "every individual citizen has a responsibility too" she immediately went back to blaming Trump by adding in the same breath that "Our government is only going to be as good as we make it be."

This was immediately picked up by many on the left such as The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah who proclaimed "You know who I blame for this? Donald Trump, that’s who. Because he makes all of his supporters think they’re as impervious as he is." Someone should clue Noah into the fact that this was one far left wacko calling another leftist an ape.

Chris Hayes, co-host of the MSNBC special concurred and went one step further. Taking a page out of Hillary's "irredeemable basket of deplorables" playbook he extended the blame and bashing to those who voted for Trump tweeting: "Roseanne’s problem turned out to be that she far too authentically represented the actual worldview of a significant chunk of the Trump base."

Al Sharpton, who was also on the MSNBC panel, sitting next to Jarrett, and who has a sordid history of racist and anti-Semitic remarks[2], added "When he did everything he could to do dog whistling[3] around this issue of race, people like Roseanne feel they're empowered. Well, they got the memo today you're not empowered, people are not going to take it." It should be noted that Barr was pulling similar stunts back when Obama was president so I guess this means Obama must have "empowered" her to act like a complete jackass then.

April Ryan, a White House correspondent and Washington, D.C., bureau chief for American Urban Radio Networks as well as a CNN political analyst who has been claiming that Trump is involved in child sex-trafficking ring, proclaimed in a tweet "These folks are looking for black women to go after these past few days to rile up the Trump base. They need to stop. It is a dangerous climate!" Again, Barr like Ryan is on the far left of the political spectrum.

And Washington Post columnist and CNN analyst declared in a tweet that Barr's outburst is evidence that "Trump is normalizing racism."

1. Valerie Jarrett, who was an Obama Senior Adviser -- has actually moved in with Barack and Michelle since they left the White House (creepy level +100 )

2. Sharpton has defended his calling whites "crackers" and called Jews "white interlopers" which lead to one of his supporters firebombing a Jewish business resulting in the deaths of 7 employees and declared at the start of the Crown Heights riots in Brooklyn, "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."

3. As I pointed out a little over a week ago:
                                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                The old "dog whistle" rationalization. Perfect for when someone didn't say what you accuse them of saying so you resort to this tactic in order to pretend that's what was "really" meant.

Funny how so many on the left can detect all these racist "dog whistles" considering they claim that they're designed for only racists to pick up on.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment