Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

ABC Fires Roseanne...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    That's not untrue, but again, what's extreme about Trump isn't his positions (whatever they happen to be at the moment), but his often inflamamtory rhetoric. There was even an article in Mother Jones that, despite saying he's an idiot, did note that he was relatively moderate and that was a contributing factor to him getting the Republican nomination. So whatever valid criticisms there are of Trump, and there are plenty, being far-right really isn't one of them.
    Even his rhetoric has a strong populist flavor rather than being either conservative or liberal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      He's far right. Or at least so loved by the far right he'll do anything to please them. I don't like him at all. And I'm not on the "far left." I think he's a complete sleezeball who is using the office for personal gain rather than the good of the nation.
      So true! Didn't Trump glory in the high ratings of the Rosanne show at a rally, and say that it's "all about us". How right he was.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        He's far right. Or at least so loved by the far right he'll do anything to please them. I don't like him at all. And I'm not on the "far left." I think he's a complete sleezeball who is using the office for personal gain rather than the good of the nation.
        Our President Trump is not an anarchist (far right) nor are any of the conservatives which back him. True liberals are not on the far left (for more [total] government) either. What has Trump done specifically not for the good of the nation? His proposed tariffs? What?
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment