Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Jesse Duplantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse Duplantis

So I thought this was important. Jesse Duplantis, well known for his health and wealth heresies, is asking for a new private jet. I wonder how this would work if I started up a "ministry" claiming God would bless people if they sent me money. URGH.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6d58d4f182bd
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

The man with the rubber face.

He always crept me out when I was switching channels late at night, and he came on.

(creeped me out?)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jesse Duplantis, a 68-year-old prosperity gospel preacher, says a new Dassault Falcon 7X would allow him to spread his teachings more effectively.

“Now some people believe that preachers shouldn’t have jets. I really believe that preachers ought to go on every available voice, every available outlet, to get this gospel preached to the world,” Duplantis said in a video posted online last week, according to The Christian Post.

It wouldn’t be the first jet Duplantis has owned. In the video, Duplantis looked over a wall full of photos showing his other private planes and said they have helped him preach the word of God. “You know I’ve owned three different jets in my life and used them and used them and just burning them up for the Lord,” he said.

Duplantis reportedly lives in a 35,000-square-foot plantation home built in the late ’00s at a cost of $3 million. His net worth has been estimated at $50 million.

Born and raised in New Orleans, Duplantis performed in the 1970s under the stage name Jerry Jaxon with the rock band Summer Wine. “I drank a fifth of whisky a day, smoked a little dope a week, snorted cocaine, PCP, crystal meth, took trips and never left my house,” Duplantis said in one interview.

Maybe that last sentence explains why he believes he deserves a jet!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        The man with the rubber face.

He always crept me out when I was switching channels late at night, and he came on.

(creeped me out?)
        He's a wolf. A false prophet, and a snake oil salesman all rolled into one! Why anyone gives him anything is beyond me. But, those TV preachers roll in the money. I knew a guy (he's dead now) who worked for Robert Tilton when he went national. He claimed that Babblin' Bob's ministry brought in over $10 million a month...This was in the early to mid eighties. Sad...
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
          He's a wolf. A false prophet, and a snake oil salesman all rolled into one! Why anyone gives him anything is beyond me. But, those TV preachers roll in the money. I knew a guy (he's dead now) who worked for Robert Tilton when he went national. He claimed that Babblin' Bob's ministry brought in over $10 million a month...This was in the early to mid eighties. Sad...
          I'd forgotten all about him!

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            So I thought this was important. Jesse Duplantis, well known for his health and wealth heresies, is asking for a new private jet. I wonder how this would work if I started up a "ministry" claiming God would bless people if they sent me money. URGH.
            https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6d58d4f182bd
            Perhaps he saw how Creflo Dollar bilked his flock for $65-70 million for a new jet after his private Gulfstream III ran off the runway and was slightly damaged and figures he wants in on that action.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me the schemes people will pull to make money.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Kenneth Copeland's done the same thing recently.

They are all false prophets and are leading millions astray.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me the schemes people will pull to make money.
                  It never ceases to amaze me the schemes people fall for to make other people rich.

Comment

I need to come up with something good to make me a millionaire
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I need to come up with something good to make me a millionaire
                      Why would you want to be a billionaire when you could be a millionaire?
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Why would you want to be a billionaire when you could be a millionaire?
                        Who wants to be a millionaire?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          Who wants to be a millionaire?
                          IS that your final answe?
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Matthew 6 says it all.

Comment

IS that your final answe?
                              Can I phone a friend?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X