Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Atheist Theist Tension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    What was that one incident when Trump was at a black church getting some award or something and someone in the press was caught on tape saying they would not cover it?
    Well certainly Trump's demonstrated moral probity warrants recognition by Evangelicals.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      I have to admit, I see no connection between the discussion based on that post, and the article provided. I was looking for articles about places where Trump was called out for campaigning at churches, and instead what was provided was a place where the media refused to cover his campaigning at churches.
      I said "made a fuss"

Post 187:

Originally posted by Carp
      To be honest, Trump did the same thing, with his public baptism and other such thing, at which the MSM did make a fuss.
      Citations please...
      Refusing to show him getting an award from a black church qualifies as making a fuss. Like usual the MSM either blows something innocent out of proportion, or refuses to even cover an event when Trump is involved. My initial point was that BOTH candidates used churches to campaign. It was a side comment that they seemed to love it when Hillary did it, but hate it when Trump did. As usual, you find one small item to nitpick on to derail the topic.

Comment

• Prepare for the typical carpe handwaving away any and everything that doesn't fit his preconceptions

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I said "made a fuss"

Post 187:

Refusing to show him getting an award from a black church qualifies as making a fuss. Like usual the MSM either blows something innocent out of proportion, or refuses to even cover an event when Trump is involved. My initial point was that BOTH candidates used churches to campaign. It was a side comment that they seemed to love it when Hillary did it, but hate it when Trump did. As usual, you find one small item to nitpick on to derail the topic.
          As you wish, Sparko. Your citation appears to me to be exactly the opposite of what you were claiming (that Trump was called out for doing something that Hillary also did and was not called out for).

Don't get me wrong. It is clear to me that the press dealt with those two people differently. Part of it is the left lean of the media. Part of it was simply the difference in the two candidates themselves. And, frankly, the media is people too. When you're continually and constantly demonized by someone, it is human to react. I don't defend the "let's not cover this" comments. They should have covered it. But I understand them. Trump was a repugnant candidate and has become a repugnant president, who has gathered his own private "swamp" around him.

But there is another meme at work here. It's the "MSM" meme. Many on the right talk about them as though they are some consolidated, conspiratorial force. I have seldom seen the same media outlet shown to take self-opposing stances. I HAVE seen one outlet cover one thing one way, and a different outlet cover the same thing by another candidate a different way. Those are bogus comparisons designed to inflame the "MSM" meme.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
            As you wish, Sparko. Your citation appears to me to be exactly the opposite of what you were claiming (that Trump was called out for doing something that Hillary also did and was not called out for).

Don't get me wrong. It is clear to me that the press dealt with those two people differently. Part of it is the left lean of the media. Part of it was simply the difference in the two candidates themselves. And, frankly, the media is people too. When you're continually and constantly demonized by someone, it is human to react. I don't defend the "let's not cover this" comments. They should have covered it. But I understand them. Trump was a repugnant candidate and has become a repugnant president, who has gathered his own private "swamp" around him.

But there is another meme at work here. It's the "MSM" meme. Many on the right talk about them as though they are some consolidated, conspiratorial force. I have seldom seen the same media outlet shown to take self-opposing stances. I HAVE seen one outlet cover one thing one way, and a different outlet cover the same thing by another candidate a different way. Those are bogus comparisons designed to inflame the "MSM" meme.
            Believe what you will Carp. I have learned that going down the rabbit trail of nitpicks with you isn't worth my time.

Comment

Believe what you will Carp. I have learned that going down the rabbit trail of nitpicks with you isn't worth my time.
              As you wish.
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment