Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden for PREZ?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    And why is that? I work for the government and know if it’s terrible inefficiency and ability to spend globs of money with little results.
    Like this morning when the central mail plant sent the morning truck to our office without our office's mail (which was in the elevator, ten minutes away from being loaded) because "the truck has to leave on time!").
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      What are you waiting for?
      To give you an opportunity to answer, Jim.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's a lie.
        I think it's pretty evident by a whole lot of your posts, Jim. If I'm wrong, it would be an error in perception on my part, not a lie.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No you wouldn't CP, you're a conservative, you don't believe in such a government, remember?
          I'd really appreciate it if you'd dial down the failed mind reading, Jim. You don't really know what I believe about government, and you're just painting with a great big inaccurate broad brush.

Your subtle ways aren't fooling anyone CP, they're certainly not fooling me.
          I'm answering you politely, and I'm not falling for the nasty 'back and forth'. And I stand by my perception that you often just launch a broadside, then when called on it, you disappear, or pull one of those "you figure it out" or "it will make your head explode" things.

Comment

Why do you change my words Sparko, I didn't say I knew what Jesus said about government, what I said was that I know what jesus is said to have said about treating your fellow man and that as far as i'm concerned that should extend to the kind of government that those who agree with him should support. You don't!
            Do you believe that's a good principle overall, for everybody, regardless of who said it? Do you believe that's a good principle for you, too?

Comment

• Jesus is always capitalized. It's a proper noun.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Let's try another experiment - try backing up your own arguments with a little bit of thought instead of the horrible mind reading act and the oh so subtle personal attacks that have nothing to do with the discussion.
                Can you please give me an example, by using actual quotes? Show me something I said that fits your description.

A) the horrible mind reading act
                2) the oh so subtle personal attacks that have nothing to do with the discussion.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  Jesus is always capitalized. It's a proper noun.
                  I've pointed that out before, and others have said "it's just laziness, doesn't mean anything". Yet it really does seem like they manage to capitalize other proper nouns without any trouble. I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, but I still capitalize it because it is, indeed, a proper noun.

Comment

I you really this stupid or are you just trolling?
                    OH, the irony. Have you considered providing backup for your views in lieu of put-downs, or are you not interested in looking smarter?
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Why do you change my words Sparko, I didn't say I knew what Jesus said about government, what I said was that I know what jesus is said to have said about treating your fellow man and that as far as i'm concerned that should extend to the kind of government that those who agree with him should support. You don't!
                      But you are an atheist. You don't want us to extend our religion into Government, do you? I mean I would be happy to, but aren't you guys always upset when we do? If you would like us to run the government under Christian rules then you would need to start donating 10% of your income to the church and the church would distribute it to the needy and other charitable uses. That is the Christian way. So we could make the government enforce the tithe to the church if you really want. Most Christians already do this now, so the big difference would be that you would need to start tithing along with the millions of other people who don't currently do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        But you are an atheist. You don't want us to extend our religion into Government, do you? I mean I would be happy to, but aren't you guys always upset when we do? If you would like us to run the government under Christian rules then you would need to start donating 10% of your income to the church and the church would distribute it to the needy and other charitable uses. That is the Christian way. So we could make the government enforce the tithe to the church if you really want. Most Christians already do this now, so the big difference would be that you would need to start tithing along with the millions of other people who don't currently do it.
                        Only a minority of Christians (here, anyway) actually tithe. Churches would be ecstatic if a majority of their congregation tithed.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Only a minority of Christians (here, anyway) actually tithe. Churches would be ecstatic if a majority of their congregation tithed.
                          Just think how happy they would be if the government forced people to tithe like JimL wants them to!

JimL for Pope!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            I you really this stupid or are you just trolling?
                            What, you've never heard of Handsy Uncle Joe?

Here he is making a woman feel very uncomfortable right behind her husband who is giving a speech:

handsy.jpg

"That's just Joe being Joe!" is what his defenders have always said. Think that'll play in a presidential campaign?

creepyjoe.jpg
                            "Biden 2020 - The Hands-On Candidate!"
                            Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-14-2018, 02:49 PM.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              OH, the irony. Have you considered providing backup for your views in lieu of put-downs, or are you not interested in looking smarter?
                              I'll assume that you didn't see what rogue posted, because if you did and you still think that I need to somehow backup my contention that it's stupid, well, then apparently you're no smarter than rogue. That Biden is a sexual molester of women and children is the kind of ridiculous acussation that the echo chamber fills it's numbskulled viewers with. I don't have to back that up, you and rogue have to back up the acussation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                What, you've never heard of Handsy Uncle Joe?

Here he is making a woman feel very uncomfortable right behind her husband who is giving a speech:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28285[/ATTACH]

"That's just Joe being Joe!" is what his defenders have always said. Think that'll play in a presidential campaign?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28286[/ATTACH]
                                "Biden 2020 - The Hands-On Candidate!"
                                And here you go, MM, Numbskull, exibit A !
                                Last edited by JimL; 06-15-2018, 02:36 PM.

Comment