Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden for PREZ?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    A co-worker of mine was fired from his previous job when he was pinning a lapel mic on a female CEO for an on-camera interview, and he thought it was funny to say, "I don't actually have to do this, I just wanted to touch you." Nobody else thought it was funny.
    Yeah, that stuff gets old really fast.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Firing seems a bit much, but that's not funny, that's just weird.

The "CEO" part of it probably explains why.
      I would imagine it was part of a history, but who knows - I don't think somebody just all of a sudden decides to act that way.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Firing seems a bit much, but that's not funny, that's just weird.

The "CEO" part of it probably explains why.
        Well, that and he has a reputation for having no filter, and he was warned not to be "cute".
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Funny how someone who shows no evidence of having a mind thinks he can read minds.

The fact is that Biden will have to address this "handsy" habit of his especially in a #metoo era if his election bid ever gains momentum. But recognizing this reality is not even close to calling him a molester
          He may have to address it, but only because of nutcases like yourself who would like to think that it's possibly an issue, or perhaps in the hopes that they can make it an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            He may have to address it, but only because of nutcases like yourself who would like to think that it's possibly an issue, or perhaps in the hopes that they can make it an issue.
            I see, so Trump getting caught on a hot-mic making lewd remarks is to be crucified, while numerous photographs of Biden making unwelcome advances to females of all ages isn't a problem.

"It's just Joe being Joe!"

Liberal "logic".

Comment

I see, so Trump getting caught on a hot-mic making lewd remarks is to be crucified, while numerous photographs of Biden making unwelcome advances to females of all ages isn't a problem.

"It's just Joe being Joe!"

Liberal "logic".
              You are such a brainwashed individual MM, it's hardly worth the effort. Unlike Trump, nobody has ever accused Biden of inappropriate sexual behavior. That's just the conservative nut job echo chamber again reverberating through your empty skull.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                You are such a brainwashed individual MM, it's hardly worth the effort. Unlike Trump, nobody has ever accused Biden of inappropriate sexual behavior. That's just the conservative nut job echo chamber again reverberating through your empty skull.
                Even Huffpo is concerned, Jim, and they're hardly a bastion of conservatism. And they show many of the same pictures, along with some video clips, that others have mentioned here.

His behavior also had more patronizing undercurrents. A big part of his act was remarking on the attractiveness of women, young and old. He would comment on how pretty young women were and warn their fathers to keep the guys away.

Many people found this behavior charming. He wasn’t stiff like some politicians. He grabbed people’s hands, put his arm around them and even kissed people on the cheek.

But it’s clear some people were uncomfortable. The teenage daughter of Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.), for example, visibly cringed and pulled away when Biden whispered in her ear and kissed her on the head.

In 2015, when Biden put his arms on the wife of Defense Secretary Ash Carter at Carter’s swearing-in ceremony, people noticed how uncomfortable the moment looked.

There are plenty of other examples. New York Magazine even had a slideshow of them called “9 Times Joe Biden Creepily Whispered in Women’s Ears.”

In 2015, conservative columnist Byron York wrote about Biden’s handsy ways, questioning whether his gestures were appropriate.

“Do the incidents add up to anything? Assume that all of Biden’s gestures were entirely innocent, just Joe being Joe,” York wrote. “Still, in today’s society, sexual harassment complaints have been lodged for less. Biden’s behavior gives critics plenty of ammunition and puts supporters in a difficult position. Why is that kind of stuff OK when the vice president does it and cringe-making when it’s the overly-friendly guy in the office?”

Comment

• Even Time Magazine.... America Shouldn't Tolerate 'Biden Being Biden'

There isn’t anything new about men in positions of power behaving inappropriately. A handsy boss, who has no filter and no fear of offending, is a staple of old movies and shows like Mad Men. For much of history people just looked the other way. These men were too powerful, to criticize them was to cross them, and to cross them might mean a lot of trouble for the whistleblower. Your career might be lost, your family ostracized.

What then can be said of people, today, looking the other way as the vice president of the United States paws woman after woman in public, with cameras flashing and their husband or parent three feet away?

Comment

• Looks like Jimmy's "nut job echo chamber" got to HuffPo and Time. It's all Bush's Trump's fault.

Comment

Looks like Jimmy's "nut job echo chamber" got to HuffPo and Time. It's all Bush's Trump's fault.
                      There are a lot more 'left leaning' sources that find Uncle Joe's behavior worth talking about. And then there's this additional clip where he puts his hand on a little girl's chest, and she immediately jerks away.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/930066633661464576

Comment

• I always liked Biden in one way; I relate to his total lack of filter.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I always liked Biden in one way; I relate to his total lack of filter.
                          Yes, he is good groomer. Fantastic!

Will make you laugh with joke as he paws daughter of yours.
                          Last edited by demi-conservative; 06-17-2018, 02:51 AM.
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I always liked Biden in one way; I relate to his total lack of filter.
                            Do you also relate to Trump's total lack of filter?
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Do you also relate to Trump's total lack of filter?
                              No, I don't contradict myself constantly.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

No, I don't contradict myself constantly.
                                You know that's not what I asked, right?
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment