Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden for PREZ?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Good, so CP is glad to pay his taxes. No complaints
    Try to remember that, as you've missed this multiple times in the past.

And we have hereby established that JimL wants everybody else to be forced to pay taxes because that's a wonderful thing, but he himself will only pay the absolute minimum he can get away with.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, I suppose you can if you want to CP, you can also give more to specific charities if you want, but that is neither any of your business, nor is it relevant to the point.
      If the goobermint let me choose who I gave my tax money to for charity, I would be more for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        If the goobermint let me choose who I gave my tax money to for charity, I would be more for it.
        And, to be clear, I'm the same as JimL in that I'll pay the absolute minimum amount of tax I can get away with, but I bet I'm much better at it than he is, and I'm not the one hypocritically preaching that it's a good thing to do!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          And, to be clear, I'm the same as JimL in that I'll pay the absolute minimum amount of tax I can get away with, but I bet I'm much better at it than he is, and I'm not the one hypocritically preaching that it's a good thing to do!
          I just think it is hilarious that JimL is proposing a Theocracy with a forced Tithe.

Comment

That's correct, so be thankful for the benefits afforded to you by your government and pay your taxes and stop being such an ungrateful and selfish taker.
            You are obviously confusing me with your friends and family. Put down the bong and stop posting while you're stoned.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              You are obviously confusing me with your friends and family. Put down the bong and stop posting while you're stoned.
              While you are in such a good mood, let's join JimL and let us all eat "cake" and celabrate Manaforts "49" days with Trump.
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Until relatively recently Republicans enjoyed an advantage in getting support from the ultra-rich but this has flipped. In the last election an examination of the data provided by OpenSecrets found that of the 22 billionaires pumping money into campaigns and causes over half (13) gave money to the left with the remaining 9 donating to conservatives or equally splitting donations between the left and right. And of those giving the most, liberal billionaires easily led the list way outspending conservatives[1].

If you have any doubts keep in mind how often Bernie sanders blasted Hillary Clinton’s reliance on the support of the "1%" (it was one of his campaign's biggest themes in the Democratic primaries).

And the same was true in the 2014 election where the 100 biggest donors during that election cycle gave approximately $174 million to Democrats in comparison to $140 million to Republicans.

Much of this has been brought up previously when starlight complained about billionaires giving money to Republicans:
                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Not just George Soros (who made much of his money trying to wreck the British economy[1] and convicted of breaking inside trader laws) but James Simons, Peter Lewis and Warren Buffett. And then there are Tom and Jim Steyer.

Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid used to rarely let a day go by without wringing his hands about the influence that the Koch brothers supposedly had over the Republican party while remaining silent over the influence that folks like the Steyers wield over Democrats. For instance, in 2014 Tom Steyers gave $5 million to Senate Majority PAC, the pro-Democratic Super PAC run by former Reid aides. The New York Times reported that as of April 2014 "Mr. Steyer and his wife, Kat Taylor, were the top source of super PAC money in the country this election cycle, contributing a total of more than $11 million."

Steyer offered $100 million to Democrats that promised to support his energy agenda, chiefly blocking the proposed Keystone XL pipeline (which would cost him financially if it were built) but also includes massive new energy taxes and support for various "green energy" schemes that he is invested in.

But its only Republicans who have a problem with billionaire donors

1. Even liberal economic icon Paul Krugman has been highly critical of how Soros gets wealthy wrecking economies and financial markets writing "[N]obody who has read a business magazine in the last few years can be unaware that these days there really are investors who not only move money in anticipation of a currency crisis, but actually do their best to trigger that crisis for fun and profit. These new actors on the scene do not yet have a standard name; my proposed term is 'Soroi'."

1. The two top liberal donors in 2016 each gave more money than all the conservative donors did combined! Tom Steyer gave in excess of $11 million (and gave a whopping $74 million in 2014) and has pledged to spend at least another $50 million whereas the top conservative donor contributed a comparatively paltry $2.5 million.
                Source: Michael Bloomberg Will Spend $80 Million on the Midterms. His Goal: Flip the House for the Democrats

Michael R. Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York City, has decided to throw his political clout and personal fortune behind the Democratic campaign to take control of the House of Representatives this year, directing aides to spend tens of millions of dollars in an effort to expel Republicans from power.

Mr. Bloomberg — a political independent who has championed left-of-center policies on gun control, immigration and the environment — has approved a plan to pour at least $80 million into the 2018 election, with the bulk of that money going to support Democratic congressional candidates, advisers to Mr. Bloomberg said.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Dang-blasted billionaires using their wealth to try to sway elections in favor of Republicans smiley fist shake.gif

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Try to remember that, as you've missed this multiple times in the past.

And we have hereby established that JimL wants everybody else to be forced to pay taxes because that's a wonderful thing, but he himself will only pay the absolute minimum he can get away with.
                  Misrepresenting my argument only makes you look all the more incapable of objective thought, CP. You obviously hear what you want to hear, and see what you want to see.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that, Sparko.

Comment

I just think it is hilarious that JimL is proposing a Theocracy with a forced Tithe.
                      Like CP, the best you can do is misrepresent me. Enjoy.

Comment

Misrepresenting my argument only makes you look all the more incapable of objective thought, CP. You obviously hear what you want to hear, and see what you want to see.
                        JimL strikes again:
                        CEPG0BtWoAAlovd.jpg
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          JimL strikes again:
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]28468[/ATTACH]
                          Can anyone really be that self unaware?

Comment

Can anyone really be that self unaware?
                            Yes they can, you people prove it every day.

Comment

Yes they can, you people prove it every day.
                              jimmy please put the bong down. Your feeble attempts at being witty rarely go beyond what one hears on a playground full of 3rd graders what with your "I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I" attempted retorts.
                              Last edited by rogue06; 06-22-2018, 04:09 PM.

Comment

jimmy please put the bong down. Your feeble attempts at being witty rarely go beyond what one hears on a playground full of 3rd graders what with your "I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I" attempted retorts.
                                You mean like with your witty "put the bong down." You prove you're that self unaware every day rogue, it's just that you're too self unaware to be aware of it. Perhaps you should pick up the bong and take a few tokes. It might wake you up a bit.

Comment