Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden for PREZ?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You know that's not what I asked, right?
    I think it's clear there are significant differences between Biden and Trump's outbursts. Biden words things awkwardly, leaked not yet approved talking points, and occasionally lets crude language slip. Trump's outbursts are not particularly comparable IMO. I always thought Biden was earnest but inarticulate, which I related to.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Do you also relate to Trump's total lack of filter?
      Being a pathological liar is not the same thing as lacking a filter. The guy's a blatant and consistent liar, and unless his supporters are complete morons, then even they know he's a pathological liar. The only question, assuming they're not complete morons, is why do they support someone who they know to be constantly lying to them?

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        I always thought Biden was earnest but inarticulate, which I related to.
        Then that's what you should have said in the first place.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          The government does force you to pay taxes Sparko.
          But you want the government to force people to be like Christians and give money to the church for charity!

Comment

The government does force you to pay taxes Sparko.
            You're right. You have the option of refusing to pay and being jailed while the government seizes your property.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              You're right. You have the option of refusing to pay and being jailed while the government seizes your property.
              Reminds me of Jerry Clowers' "sporting chance"... when treeing a 'coon, he says he believes everything and everybody deserves a sporting chance. That treed 'coon has the option of coming down out of that tree, whoopin every one of them dogs on the ground, and walking away scot-free... it is strictly left up to the 'coon.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                But you want the government to force people to be like Christians and give money to the church for charity!
                Well, sort of, except christians aren't forced to give money to the church for charity, but we, as members of society, should be forced to give money (taxes) for charity.

Comment

That's correct, so be thankful for the benefits afforded to you by your government and pay your taxes and stop being such an ungrateful and selfish taker.

Comment

Well, sort of, except christians aren't forced to give money to the church for charity, but we, as members of society, should be forced to give money (taxes) for charity.
                    But you can give far more than the government 'forces' you to give, Jim. How much extra are you sending?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      But you can give far more than the government 'forces' you to give, Jim. How much extra are you sending?
                      Yes, I suppose you can if you want to CP, you can also give more to specific charities if you want, but that is neither any of your business, nor is it relevant to the point.

Comment

Yes, I suppose you can if you want to CP,
                        No, this is about you, claiming you want people to be forced to give taxes - if it's such a good thing, aren't you giving more than you are required to give?

you can also give more to specific charities if you want,
                        And I do. And the specific charities to whom I give, in my opinion, are FAR more efficient at helping people than the taxes I pay.

but that is neither any of your business,
                        So why is it your business who gives taxes?

nor is it relevant to the point.
                        I think it is.

Comment

No, this is about you, claiming you want people to be forced to give taxes - if it's such a good thing, aren't you giving more than you are required to give?
                          No it isn't about me, although I know it's your intention to make it about me. What I give and how much I give over and above what is required of me in the way of taxes is none of your business.

And I do. And the specific charities to whom I give, in my opinion, are FAR more efficient at helping people than the taxes I pay.
                          Good for you. And what charities would they be and how much do you give to them?

So why is it your business who gives taxes?
                          Because taxes CP, are not charities, they are mandated and the type of society we wish to live in is all of our business.

I think it is.
                          I think you're wrong. I don't need to know how generous or charitable you are, but if you can afford to be so charitable as you claim to be, then why are you complaining about taxes so much?

Comment

Leftists have an odd definition of "force."
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

No it isn't about me, although I know it's your intention to make it about me.
                              I'm just checking to see how much hypocrisy there is in your wanting everybody else to be forced to pay taxes. Seeing if you believe this so much that you'll go above and beyond and pay up.

What I give and how much I give over and above what is required of me in the way of taxes is none of your business.
                              But you don't. I'll bet you $1,000 to your favorite [legitimate] charity that you don't give a penny more to the government in taxes than you're required to give.

Good for you. And what charities would they be and how much do you give to them?
                              You're the one advocating the payment of taxes, Jim, this is about you.

Because taxes CP, are not charities, they are mandated and the type of society we wish to live in is all of our business.
                              So, you pay the minimum you can get away with.

I think you're wrong. I don't need to know how generous or charitable you are, but if you can afford to be so charitable as you claim to be, then why are you complaining about taxes so much?
                              Why are you making false accusations, Jim? You've made this bogus claim before, back when you were claiming that there was no way to voluntarily give money to the government. We solved that problem, didn't we? I am NOT complaining about paying taxes. In fact, I'll bet I've paid more in taxes in a couple years than you've paid in your entire life! My charity giving is above and beyond my taxes.

(Though, I do confess, I take whatever legitimate deductions available for my charitable giving, because I believe my chosen charities can spend it much more wisely and efficiently than the government can)

Comment

I'm just checking to see how much hypocrisy there is in your wanting everybody else to be forced to pay taxes. Seeing if you believe this so much that you'll go above and beyond and pay up.

But you don't. I'll bet you $1,000 to your favorite [legitimate] charity that you don't give a penny more to the government in taxes than you're required to give.

You're the one advocating the payment of taxes, Jim, this is about you.

So, you pay the minimum you can get away with.

Why are you making false accusations, Jim? You've made this bogus claim before, back when you were claiming that there was no way to voluntarily give money to the government. We solved that problem, didn't we? I am NOT complaining about paying taxes. In fact, I'll bet I've paid more in taxes in a couple years than you've paid in your entire life! My charity giving is above and beyond my taxes.

(Though, I do confess, I take whatever legitimate deductions available for my charitable giving, because I believe my chosen charities can spend it much more wisely and efficiently than the government can)
                                Good, so CP is glad to pay his taxes. No complaints

Comment