Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hogg Wild Profanity Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    Wonderful news here and a great show of maturity.
    So you're saying that if he agrees with you he's being "mature", if he doesn't agree with you he's being immature. What a mature approach to the diversity of opinion.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      So you're saying that if he agrees with you he's being "mature", if he doesn't agree with you he's being immature. What a mature approach to the diversity of opinion.
      No he is being mature in considering the other side's view. He never said he agreed with it. Maybe something you should try.

Comment

His maturity is in realizing that he didn't know nearly as much as he thought he did, taking steps to correct that, and changing his mind in light of actual evidence.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Actually that he is willing to step back and go beyond knee jerk rhetoric and cheap stunts. Note that he never said that he now supports the 2A just that his previous behavior was wrong.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            No he is being mature in considering the other side's view. He never said he agreed with it. Maybe something you should try.
            Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            His maturity is in realizing that he didn't know nearly as much as he thought he did, taking steps to correct that, and changing his mind in light of actual evidence.
            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Actually that he is willing to step back and go beyond knee jerk rhetoric and cheap stunts. Note that he never said that he now supports the 2A just that his previous behavior was wrong.
            In short, he showed signs of maturity by doing the exact opposite of what you're doing here, Tassman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
              In short, he showed signs of maturity by doing the exact opposite of what you're doing here, Tassman.
              Kinda like my stance on socialized healthcare. At first I was dead set against it, but after listening to starlight and some others, I have softened my view and think it could work if done correctly, but I still have doubts that it could be implemented in the USA for a lot of reasons, like putting an entire industry out of work. That blow to the economy would be crippling. And the government has a nasty habit of screwing things up like they do with the VA and Medicare.

Comment

as Sparko, OBP, Rogue6, and Chrawnus have shown you are misunderstanding what we are saying here. Is that on purpose or are you that bad at reading comprehension. Nothing I read in sparko's post or saw in the video below(yes I went and did a little more research on this) tells me he agrees with my views(infact i find there are still a lot things we disagree on) As Sparko and the others said I was calling his willingness to consider other views mature. As well as calling his willingness to stop putting words in others mouth and striving to understand what they are really saying mature. Cameron Kasky showed a lot more maturity then a certain Australian on this board is showing at the moment. you could learn something from Cameron Kaskey who is a young man that deserves respect from everyone.

I know this is a long video but this is an example of a young man growing up and maturing.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  He's getting ready to release an anti-Trump "documentary" that has many of the celebutards in Hollyweird excited with anticipation.
                  Looks like it's a bust earning far below initial estimates.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I started to put some of his other speeches here, but the F bomb is too prevalent.
                    Reminds me that its only very recently that we got the actual transcripts of the astronauts who went to the moon. The southern transcribers had originally gracefully altered various of those words to similar but not quite as offensive words. Its silly, and NASA dragged its heels for ages, but we've recently got the real McCoy. Spoiler alert, there were a couple of f-bombs dropped on the moon. Mostly about NASA packing too much citrus fruit which was making one of the astronauts gassy. After the f-bomb Houston informs the astronaut that he's live. This is followed by awkward silence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      Reminds me that its only very recently that we got the actual transcripts of the astronauts who went to the moon. The southern transcribers had originally gracefully altered various of those words to similar but not quite as offensive words. Its silly, and NASA dragged its heels for ages, but we've recently got the real McCoy. Spoiler alert, there were a couple of f-bombs dropped on the moon. Mostly about NASA packing too much citrus fruit which was making one of the astronauts gassy. After the f-bomb Houston informs the astronaut that he's live. This is followed by awkward silence.
                      The astronauts were mostly fighter jocks, after all, and the military is not exactly known for its clean language.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        The astronauts were mostly fighter jocks, after all, and the military is not exactly known for its clean language.
                        One of my police buddies was a crusty old WWII vet, and one day he accidentally let out a wirdy dord on the police radio. Dispatch answered back with a "code 27", which is a polite way of saying "watch your language". Joe responded with "Once it's out of the box, you can't put it back in".
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I guess this guy has fallen back into oblivion, eh?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Kinda like my stance on socialized healthcare. At first I was dead set against it, but after listening to starlight and some others, I have softened my view and think it could work if done correctly, but I still have doubts that it could be implemented in the USA for a lot of reasons, like putting an entire industry out of work. That blow to the economy would be crippling. And the government has a nasty habit of screwing things up like they do with the VA and Medicare.
                            Yes, maybe allow people to buy into Medicare. I have a supplement from Blue cross, that cost $190.00 a month. Let the insurance companies keep providing supplements. And to be honest Sparko, I have had nothing but good experiences with the VA and Medicare.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I guess this guy has fallen back into oblivion, eh?
                              Was there any doubt that he would? His pitch was wholly emotional. Without substance, it was inevitable that he would fade into obscurity.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Was there any doubt that he would? His pitch was wholly emotional. Without substance, it was inevitable that he would fade into obscurity.
                                Yeah, I just think it's funny how quickly it happened --- one day he was the media darling, then it's like they woke up and realized the guy is just a self-absorbed nutter.

Comment