Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hogg Wild Profanity Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Some would see the victim of a school shooting writing a book the proceeds of which he plans to give away and with ambitions to enter public life, as a positive response to a terrible tragedy. But not the cynical gun-lovers around here apparently.
    Because he still gets the fame and exposure from the book and the appearances he does.

if some of the teachers in the school had guns, or they had armed police, the tragedy would have been over with a lot sooner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Because he still gets the fame and exposure from the book and the appearances he does.
      You assume without good reason that Hogg is only after fame and glory, rather than sincerely attempting to do something about the problem of gun violence in the US.

if some of the teachers in the school had guns, or they had armed police,
      ...straight out of the NRA's handbook.

the tragedy would have been over with a lot sooner.
      Or, just as likely, a gun battle could have ensured in which many more were killed or injured.

Comment

You assume without good reason that Hogg is only after fame and glory, rather than sincerely attempting to do something about the problem of gun violence in the US.
        If that were the case then it would behoove him to actually learn something about the subject rather than merely spout out inanities that are embarrassingly wrong and cause even his ardent supporters to correct him (like what happened on CNN fairly early on).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          If that were the case then it would behoove him to actually learn something about the subject rather than merely spout out inanities that are embarrassingly wrong and cause even his ardent supporters to correct him (like what happened on CNN fairly early on).
          Maybe that's it - his passion to charge into this and put himself in front of any camera anywhere without even knowing anything more than "guns are bad".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Maybe that's it - his passion to charge into this and put himself in front of any camera anywhere without even knowing anything more than "guns are bad".

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No I assume with good reason. Because he is actually using the tragedy to make public appearances and said he wants to run for congress. He even admitted that his aspirations to be a public figure were why he went back to the school to do interviews.

He is a camera Hogg in the truest sense.

...straight out of the NRA's handbook.
              Yet completely true.

Or, just as likely, a gun battle could have ensured in which many more were killed or injured.
              LOL, you are such an idiot.

Oh I forgot there actually was an armed officer at the school who hid outside and did nothing. If he had done his job it would have been over a lot sooner.

Comment

No I assume with good reason. Because he is actually using the tragedy to make public appearances and said he wants to run for congress. He even admitted that his aspirations to be a public figure were why he went back to the school to do interviews.
                Well, and you know what they say when you assume. Everyone has there reasons for running for office. I'd say the trajedy he experienced is a pretty good reason.
                He is a camera Hogg in the truest sense.
                He's a spokesman for the cause, what do you think he's going to do, hide in the closet?

Yet completely true.
                Right, we should just have guns everywhere and that way no one will be shot.

LOL, you are such an idiot.

Oh I forgot there actually was an armed officer at the school who hid outside and did nothing. If he had done his job it would have been over a lot sooner.
                That's right, and there is a good chance that with stricter gun laws it wouldn't have happened in the first place

Comment

• Oh i see, so long as Hoggs speaking out is in support of your view then he's not in it for himself. Gotcha!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Well, and you know what they say when you assume. Everyone has there reasons for running for office. I'd say the trajedy he experienced is a pretty good reason.

He's a spokesman for the cause, what do you think he's going to do, hide in the closet?

Right, we should just have guns everywhere and that way no one will be shot.

That's right, and there is a good chance that with stricter gun laws it wouldn't have happened in the first place
                    With the current gun laws it shouldn't have happened, JimL. Remember? The kid was already tagged as mentally disturbed and the police had already been called out to get his guns? But they didn't follow through. And nobody did a good background check on him, or even marked his mental illness down anywhere like they should have.

Disarming sane people isn't going to stop criminals and insane people from using guns, is it?

Comment

With the current gun laws it shouldn't have happened, JimL. Remember? The kid was already tagged as mentally disturbed and the police had already been called out to get his guns? But they didn't follow through. And nobody did a good background check on him, or even marked his mental illness down anywhere like they should have.

Disarming sane people isn't going to stop criminals and insane people from using guns, is it?
                      "Never let a serious crisis go to waste" if you can use it to your advantage.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh i see, so long as Hoggs speaking out is in support of your view then he's not in it for himself. Gotcha!
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• In related news, March for Our Lives co-founder Cameron Kasky has had a change of heart after touring:
                          Source: Daily Wire

Kasky admitted that when he attacked Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) during CNN's town hall event that it was his intent to "embarrass Rubio and that was my biggest flaw."

Kasky said he would redo the conversation that he had with Rubio and that he has plans to meet with him next month where he'll bring up how he spoke to him during the town hall event.

"This summer when March For Our Lives went on the summer tour that we embarked on, I met that person in Texas who's got that semi-automatic weapon because that's how they like to protect their family," Kasky continued. "I met the 50-some-odd-percent of woman who are pro-life, even though I thought it was preposterous that a woman could be pro-life and not pro-choice at the time. I learned that a lot of our issues politically come from a lack of understanding of other perspectives and also the fact that so often young conservatives and young liberals will go into debate, like I said earlier, trying to beat the other one as opposed to come to an agreement."

Kasky noted that he left March for Our Lives because "they didn't really need my involvement and while I could have helped, it wasn't crucial."

The activist added that he plans to start a new podcast called "Cameron Knows Nothing," where he will host discussions with people on both sides of the political spectrum on current political issues.

© Copyright Original Source

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            In related news, March for Our Lives co-founder Cameron Kasky has had a change of heart after touring:

Kasky admitted that when he attacked Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) during CNN's town hall event that it was his intent to "embarrass Rubio and that was my biggest flaw."

Kasky said he would redo the conversation that he had with Rubio and that he has plans to meet with him next month where he'll bring up how he spoke to him during the town hall event.

"This summer when March For Our Lives went on the summer tour that we embarked on, I met that person in Texas who's got that semi-automatic weapon because that's how they like to protect their family," Kasky continued. "I met the 50-some-odd-percent of woman who are pro-life, even though I thought it was preposterous that a woman could be pro-life and not pro-choice at the time. I learned that a lot of our issues politically come from a lack of understanding of other perspectives and also the fact that so often young conservatives and young liberals will go into debate, like I said earlier, trying to beat the other one as opposed to come to an agreement."

Kasky noted that he left March for Our Lives because "they didn't really need my involvement and while I could have helped, it wasn't crucial."

The activist added that he plans to start a new podcast called "Cameron Knows Nothing," where he will host discussions with people on both sides of the political spectrum on current political issues.

That's a pretty mature attitude.

Comment

Oh i see, so long as Hoggs speaking out is in support of your view then he's not in it for himself. Gotcha!
                              JimL give Starlights mirror back to him and get yourself a monitor.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                In related news, March for Our Lives co-founder Cameron Kasky has had a change of heart after touring:

Wonderful news here and a great show of maturity.

I hope he asks his classmate Kyle Kashuv how to handle all the negativity and threats he is going to get from the left for waking up.

Comment