Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hogg Wild Profanity Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Because if it quacks like a duck...

I've never come across a bigger bunch of snowflakes than the conservatives on this site.

Well I struggle to take you guys seriously when you get your knickers all in a twist because you heard a swear.

I do get that it detracts from your ability to hear the message because you are so busy clutching your pearls in offended-snowflake outrage at the 'bad language' that you stop paying any attention to what the person is saying.
    Pleading feigned shock/horror at swearing is their way of avoiding reality, namely that the surviving victims of Parkland such as Hogg are demanding action against the endemic gun violence in the USA. This is something the gentle Christian-folk of the US just don't want to hear.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      Oh mercy me! Really? How did you confuse us with snowflakes who need safe places?

Perhaps we happen to know how such language ruins good dialogue. We perhaps can't take people with potty mouths seriously.
      She passed the Starlight test. Pretty much, Starlight disapproval is a stamp of approval since he’s wrong about pretty much everything.

Personally, I find those that need to express themselves with 4-5 letter words usually have a small vocabulary and lack intelligence. Again though, since he’s wrong about basically everything that means his disapproval makes it true.
      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 06-05-2018, 06:18 AM.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Pleading feigned shock/horror at swearing is their way of avoiding reality, namely that the surviving victims of Parkland such as Hogg are demanding action against the endemic gun violence in the USA. This is something the gentle Christian-folk of the US just don't want to hear.
        It’s always amusing to hear those that don’t live in reality spout nonsense. We have better odds of being struck by lightening or attacked by a shark than being a victim in a school shooting. Who needs facts though when the lie serves a better purpose?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          You guys are such drama queens. Not liking profanity, and thinking it's not necessary in public, is nowhere near the same as "feigning shock/horror". You're so full of crap.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As someone who believes strong language has its place, I also believe that using it excessively is unhelpful and borderline stupid, much like the over-use of exclamation points!!!! I mean, it doesn't really bother me! But gosh it's annoying!!!!!!
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Given the gravity of the issue of school shootings, the infamous Campolo quote comes to mind ("you're more upset that I said !@#$")...
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                It’s always amusing to hear those that don’t live in reality spout nonsense. We have better odds of being struck by lightening or attacked by a shark than being a victim in a school shooting. Who needs facts though when the lie serves a better purpose?
                Number of fatal US shark attacks in 2017: 53
                Number of US lightning fatalities last year: 16
                School shooting victims last year: 15

long-term average number of US lightning deaths per year: 44
                School shooting victims so far this year: 40

The odds of being struck by lightning vs being shot at school may have been better in the past, but probably not now. It's likely that school shootings will be higher than both shark attacks and lightning strikes this year.
                Last edited by Roy; 06-05-2018, 10:27 AM.
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I think it is good he is cussing like that. It stops his speeches from being broadcast. It would just sound like a series of bleeps. He only hurts himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    Number of fatal US shark attacks in 2017: 53
                    Number of US lightning fatalities last year: 16
                    School shooting victims last year: 15

long-term average number of US lightning deaths per year: 44
                    School shooting victims so far this year: 40

The odds of being struck by lightning vs being shot at school may have been better in the past, but probably not now. It's likely that school shootings will be higher than both shark attacks and lightning strikes this year.
                    Well, you'd also have to be IN school to be shot there, so.... There's a HUGE part of the population that doesn't even get into the numbers.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am strictly confanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I think it is good he is cussing like that. It stops his speeches from being broadcast. It would just sound like a series of bleeps. He only hurts himself.

It amazes me the things liberals will rush in to defend.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          You guys are such drama queens. Not liking profanity, and thinking it's not necessary in public, is nowhere near the same as "feigning shock/horror". You're so full of crap.
                          Starlight and Tass seem to forget that it isn't conservatives who required that "safe spaces" be made to accommodate them whenever something doesn't go their way. Or established speech codes so as not to have their delicate sensibilities offended.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            It amazes me the things liberals will rush in to defend.
                            yep.

David Hogg might be related to Tony Beets!

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              As someone who believes strong language has its place, I also believe that using it excessively is unhelpful and borderline stupid, much like the over-use of exclamation points!!!! I mean, it doesn't really bother me! But gosh it's annoying!!!!!!
                              I'm one who uses an occasional naughty word for emphasis and shock purposes (and has never been accused of having a poor vocabulary) but if you use them as much as other folks use a coma then they lose all value and serve to expose you as being little more than a churlish vulgarian and will have many folks tuning you out after your second or third use of coarse language.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I'm one who uses an occasional naughty word for emphasis and shock purposes (and has never been accused of having a poor vocabulary) but if you use them as much as other folks use a coma then they lose all value and serve to expose you as being little more than a churlish vulgarian and will have many folks tuning you out after your second or third use of coarse language.
                                So, what you're saying, is, that William Shatner, has been cussing us out, like, this whole time?
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment