Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Could God reincarnate humans if he wanted to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Few people would put it that way. They're considered inspired by God. Most Christians also believe there are more than 66 inspired books (Protestants are not a majority).
    A couple things to note. 1) Man must live by every word of God (Deuteronomy 8:3). 2) And professing Christians in general agree on 66 of the books in common. This would included false Christian groups too (Matthew 7:21-23).
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      I trust that you appreciate that your true or false statement above is actually two (at least) and both have to be true in your arguement.
      1. God exists.
      2. And He wrote all 66 books of the Bible.
      More conditions may be added to this list.
      A couple things here. 1) God is the existence in which all men live (Acts 17:28). 2) God used men to transcribe the holy writings (2 Peter 1:19-21).
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        Um. Any parent obviously wants what's best for their children. And obviously going to heaven rather than hell is the absolute best thing that can happen to children. So are you saying that parents can guarantee this by aborting their children? Cos you make it sound like abortion is the absolute best possible thing that a parent can do for their kids.
        No. this life experience teaches us much. It's all guesses but I would think that the souls that go straight to heaven don't have the appreciation of how bad evil is. I would think they are at a disadvantage compared to those of us who get to choose to obey God. What is done about it in heaven I do not know.

Okay. What do you think about 'hell' as another world much like this one being an option for God?
        You mean like maybe this is actually hell and we just keep reliving horrible lives here, die then start over? [queue Twilight Zone music]

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I've heard three views on that...

C) That God created all of the souls at one time, and they are "warehoused" somewhere - no biblical basis for this
          Mormonmart?

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
            A couple things to note. 1) Man must live by every word of God (Deuteronomy 8:3). 2) And professing Christians in general agree on 66 of the books in common. This would included false Christian groups too (Matthew 7:21-23).
            1) Well, every[thing] that proceeds from the mouth of God - not written by God. 2) If you're going to define 1) by 2), then most Christians would agree that Protestants are NOT living by every word of God.

It's probably more accurate to define 1) as where such is explicitly stated: "Thus saith the Lord...."
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
              A couple things here. 1) God is the existence in which all men live (Acts 17:28). 2) God used men to transcribe the holy writings (2 Peter 1:19-21).
              You appear to be one of the minority who hold to the idea that God inspired through mechanical dictation.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by brain doesn't go past the firstfloor View Post
                “for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction” …. might well mean that if you are feeling too comfortable about your Christian faith, you might be on the wrong path.
                That's not what it means at all. The Bible also speaks about the assurance we have in Christ, and the peace that passes understanding.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                  So the law: "You shall not commit murder" leads to the consequence that some people have to suffer for an eternity in hell?
                  No.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Mormonmart?
                    EGGzackly what I was thinking.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      That's not what it means at all. The Bible also speaks about the assurance we have in Christ, and the peace that passes understanding.
                      Matthew 7 is important in this context.

21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
                      Last edited by Charles; 06-06-2018, 04:16 PM.
                      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

No.
                        The detailed answer is very convincing.
                        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

No.

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          The detailed answer is very convincing.
                          He had me at N
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            He had me at N
                            o

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              o
                              Reminds me of Mom - Which part of "No" do you not understand?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                You appear to be one of the minority who hold to the idea that God inspired through mechanical dictation.
                                The apostates are known for calling God given his word to man "mechanical" dictation. It was not mechanical (2 Peter 1:21).

Comment