I Might be a year YOUNGER!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Might be a year YOUNGER!!!!

Approaching my 65th birthday, I was obliged by law to sign up for medicare.

Having done that, this morning I got a call from the Social Security Administration advising me that their records show that I was born in 1954, not 1953!

Until proven otherwise, I'm a year YOUNGER than I thought!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Approaching my 65th birthday, I was obliged by law to sign up for medicare.

Having done that, this morning I got a call from the Social Security Administration advising me that their records show that I was born in 1954, not 1953!

OTOH you can kiss your senior citizen discount at Golden Corral goodbye for another year.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Still older than I.

Edit to add:

Nope. That makes me older by almost exactly 2 months!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Still older than I.

Edit to add:

Nope. That makes me older by almost exactly 2 months!

I think you may have a slight different meaning for "month" than the rest of us do. For everyone else terms like "eon," "era" and "age" would probably be more appropriate.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          OTOH you can kiss your senior citizen discount at Golden Corral goodbye for another year.
          Not with THIS mop of gray hair - they don't even ask anymore!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not with THIS mop of gray hair - they don't even ask anymore!
            My brother always goes with two older friends (early 70s) who announce "three seniors."

Last year I went there for lunch and discovered that I got the senior citizen's discount and have about as much gray hair on the top of my head as most folks in their mid 40s (it was only when she reached 80 that my mom had more gray hair than brown).

Comment

My brother always goes with two older friends (early 70s) who announce "three seniors."

Last year I went there for lunch and discovered that I got the senior citizen's discount and have about as much gray hair on the top of my head as most folks in their mid 40s (it was only when she reached 80 that my mom had more gray hair than brown).
              We had one hostess at a local Golden Corral who had a really good sense of humor. She would always look at me and say "senior discount", then at my wife and say, "honey, I'm going to need to see some identification".

Comment

We had one hostess at a local Golden Corral who had a really good sense of humor. She would always look at me and say "senior discount", then at my wife and say, "honey, I'm going to need to see some identification".
                Sounds like you need to tip the cashier.

Comment

Sounds like you need to tip the cashier.
                  I think that's what she was angling for!

Comment

I think that's what she was angling for!
                    Possibly, but I've seen cashiers at the liquor store (or as they're called around here "package stores") do that.

Comment

Possibly, but I've seen cashiers at the liquor store (or as they're called around here "package stores") do that.
                      I do not know how old you are, you may be 90 and appear older - you get carded. This is in Alaska, I do not know about other places.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Get off my lawn, whippersnapper!
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Get off my lawn, whippersnapper!
                          Kids today

Comment