Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Life Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Updates

Howdy, y'all. Back in Tejas for the summer.

I've finished my first year at Hahvahd and right now I'm working in the public defender's office. It's going pretty great. My supervisor is writing a manual on criminal statutes that trigger immigration law and I'm helping her write it, for which I get to be credited. I also can write pretty much on whatever statutes I want and use that as my writing sample for interviewing in August. That means most of my job is statutory interpretation, which is my favorite thing. I also get to work from home 3 days a week, which is an awesome deal and means I get to save gas and spend time with my niece (who just turned 1).

Y'hoshua is stuck in Massachusetts, though, because he needs to keep a job.

So far the summer is on the whole a net positive. The sunshine really helps my mood and my physical pain (no idea I had so many muscle/nerve issues until I moved to a cold climate). I have a season pass to Six Flags, which is actually gonna be pretty therapeutic for me (between the sunshine on my muscles and the endorphin rush for my mood). I'm attending a Western Rite church down here, which is nice, but I've gotten so used to the Eastern Rite I'm having a hard time adjusting back. My anxiety has been picking at me lately. There's not a lot of real stuff to worry about for me right now, so it really just seems to pick out something random every night and make it into a big issue. So yeah. Both a prayer request and a praise report.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

I like hearing how you're doing - and very pleased you're doing well. If you'd like, you can PM me your first name, and I'll add you to my (and our church's) prayer list.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think I'd have a hard time adjusting back to the Western Rite, too. I visited a Western Rite parish before converting, but it's since moved to an even less convenient location for me (and I'm a cantor at my home parish, which limits my availability to visit elsewhere).
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

With your nerve/muscle issues and issues with mood, you might look into CBD oil. Doesn't work for everyone, but it can help with a wide variety of problems. I definitely suggest talking to your doctor about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          With your nerve/muscle issues and issues with mood, you might look into CBD oil. Doesn't work for everyone, but it can help with a wide variety of problems. I definitely suggest talking to your doctor about it.
          CBD oil is only legal in Texas for epilepsy patients and only about 18 doctors can prescribe it. I'm positive it is fully legal in MA since all cannabis products are legal there now, but since it is still a schedule 1 drug federally, as a law student, if I want to leave federal job opportunities open, it is not an option for me.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
            CBD oil is only legal in Texas for epilepsy patients and only about 18 doctors can prescribe it. I'm positive it is fully legal in MA since all cannabis products are legal there now, but since it is still a schedule 1 drug federally, as a law student, if I want to leave federal job opportunities open, it is not an option for me.
            Understood.

Comment

But y'all I got the Harvard equivalent of an A in Religious Freedom Research and property.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment