Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Things They Didn't Teach Me In Cemetery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
    Yeah!
    It's ABOUT TIME there is something on which we can agree!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

One Sunday Morning, I was doing the "Children's Sermon". I sit on the steps near the pulpit, and all the children come up and sit on the floor for a short object lesson or something. At this particular Church, we were LIVE ON THE RADIO on Sunday Mornings.

I was teaching about sin, and things in general that cause us sorrow. I had cut out advertisements from a magazine, and had a picture of a bottle of Jack Daniel's Whiskey. I greeted the children, then held up the page from the magazine with the Whiskey bottle on it.

BEFORE I COULD SAY A WORD, one of the boys jumped up and yelled, "HEY, THAT'S THE KIND MY DAD DRINKS!"

I glanced over at his father, his face turning red, as he tried to slip down under the pew in front of him.

Cemetery never taught about children and "open Mics".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It must have been one of those weird unaccredited seminaries

Comment

One Sunday Morning, I was doing the "Children's Sermon". I sit on the steps near the pulpit, and all the children come up and sit on the floor for a short object lesson or something. At this particular Church, we were LIVE ON THE RADIO on Sunday Mornings.

I was teaching about sin, and things in general that cause us sorrow. I had cut out advertisements from a magazine, and had a picture of a bottle of Jack Daniel's Whiskey. I greeted the children, then held up the page from the magazine with the Whiskey bottle on it.

BEFORE I COULD SAY A WORD, one of the boys jumped up and yelled, "HEY, THAT'S THE KIND MY DAD DRINKS!"

I glanced over at his father, his face turning red, as he tried to slip down under the pew in front of him.

Musta been one of those weird anti-alcohol churches.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            You mean like MORMONS???

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Actually, it wasn't about "alcohol", it was about ABUSING things.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                You mean like MORMONS???

Reminds me of the bar Smith had set up in the hotel he owned, while preaching against booze.

Comment

Well we should not abuse Mormons.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Actually, it wasn't about "alcohol", it was about ABUSING things.
                    You mean someone SPILLED alcohol?
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X