I feel like an old man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like an old man.

I sometimes wonder if I loathe some of the things my generation does because I feel powerless to do much about it even though i can still make a difference everyday by how i act.

Is this how you feel boomers? Xers? I want to know.

Honestly i find it easier to relate to older people.
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    I sometimes wonder if I loathe some of the things my generation does because I feel powerless to do much about it even though i can still make a difference everyday by how i act.

My entire life the majority of my friends have been older although usually within a decade or two

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      My entire life the majority of my friends have been older although usually within a decade or two
      Rogue and I have always tended to be around older people because [fighting back hysterical laughter] because.....

... hold on a sec....

[forcing myself to think of something really sad so I don't burst into hyena-like histrionics]

because we are so mature.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Mostly around older people myself. Many my own age seem to be idiots, jerks, or both. The ones that aren't are hard to find these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          Mostly around older people myself. Many my own age seem to be idiots, jerks, or both. The ones that aren't are hard to find these days.
          So, maybe there's something to that - it's not so much that we feel obligated to stick with our cohorts, but to associate with people of like mind and outlook.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Rogue and I have always tended to be around older people because [fighting back hysterical laughter] because.....

... hold on a sec....

[forcing myself to think of something really sad so I don't burst into hyena-like histrionics]

because we are so mature.

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I'm not sure I can help much here...I think I am one of those older people (60 this fall). My life has always included people older, younger, and my own age. I have found friends and value in every group. Older people often have wisdom I do not (I hope yet) have. People my own age keep my honest and challenge me on multiple levels, especially if I do not limit myself to people who think just like me. And people younger than me remind me what it means to look at parts of the world (and life) anew. It's why I was a scoutmaster for several years, and I continue to work with young people whenever and wherever I can.
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

You guys have added some great perspective.
                sigpic

Comment

"I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

It's not to say I don't like people my age. I do. I just tend to have easier times around older folks. I can do all right with younger folks as well. Folks my own age I do ok with but it is more challenging.
                    sigpic

Comment