Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Mr peters i am very cynical but excited about marriage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    I dont read redpill. I just know of the arguements.
    What are the arguments? Serious question.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
      What are the arguments? Serious question.
      The arguement as far as i know is that marriage has become a financial and emotional trap that when triggered leaves people reeling in pain. The arguement goes that things like prenups, frivolous divorce, monetary burdens, and divorce court hurt men more than women. Now honestly i do not know much divorce court though i have been through divorce as a child and teenager. Because these systems are supposedly so against men a purported solution is to abandon the system alltogether. Honestly i do not think many want to destroy marriage as much as trying to change what one sees as undesireable.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        The arguement as far as i know is that marriage has become a financial and emotional trap that when triggered leaves people reeling in pain. The arguement goes that things like prenups, frivolous divorce, monetary burdens, and divorce court hurt men more than women. Now honestly i do not know much divorce court though i have been through divorce as a child and teenager. Because these systems are supposedly so against men a purported solution is to abandon the system alltogether. Honestly i do not think many want to destroy marriage as much as trying to change what one sees as undesireable.
        Ok, that's definitely not the red pill I know. That just sounds like sour grapes pill to me?

Athol Kay's books have at the core of them to be the best you can be, step up to the plate and stop dumping everything on your wife to do, or decide. By being a strong rock in times of stress, always be willing to take the lead, but be sensitive to your spouse when she want to lead something...you can improve your marriage as you become a more attractive person to your wife...and this attraction is not always, or even usually, a conscious thought or feeling. His whole thing is for a successful marriage both partners need there needs met, and for many men, sex is a VERY important need...and the trend is that many are not getting it met. Mostly because men have become so beta that they let the W run everything...which many do not really want to do...and find this unattractive in a mate. He focuses on upping your value to become more desirable, but not by being a blue pill pleaser. This is actually good work advice as well. Management is always looking for leaders. Worker Bee's become too valuable where they are to advance, and usually are not seen as leaders...there value is in the amount of production. (AFAIK he never actually uses the terms red pill and blue pill he does use alpha and beta though) Also a good read for any man is the book, "No more Mr. Nice Guy" by Robert A Glover PH.D.
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment