Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Unfairness From the Insane Left...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28288[/ATTACH]

From here....https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...3&pagenumber=1

I just think this "poor girls can't compete with guys" thing simply ignores what women can do. We have kept sports separate for a long time. I wonder if we still need to.
    I’m not in bad shape at all, but there’s no way possible for me to compete against a man in equally good shape. Just look at the military fitness charts and ask yourself why men and women have different score charts.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

When my boys complain how things are "unfair," I usually remind them that no one promised them life would be "fair," and sometimes it isn't. Buck up and deal with it.

Transgenderism is going to create some issues, but it's certainly not the only thing that does. Disability can do the same thing too. Recall the young man who ran a race on his artificial legs, and was accused on an "unfair" advantage due to the technology.

Times change. Issues change.
      That is just stupid Carp, this was completely unfair for these girls - period. And unnecessary - biological boys run with biological boys. Simple.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I just think this "poor girls can't compete with guys" thing simply ignores what women can do. We have kept sports separate for a long time. I wonder if we still need to.
        Of course we do. Show me one sanctioned marathon where the best woman has beaten the best man. Show where the best champion woman weightlifter has beaten the best champion male weightlifter. If you did this no woman would ever win a champion tennis tournament again. Take the best women's basket ball team and put them against the best men's team, the women wouldn't have a chance. Sorry Carp, your leftist illusions has made you irrational.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          That is just stupid Carp, this was completely unfair for these girls - period. And unnecessary - biological boys run with biological boys. Simple.
          Right.. I keep forgetting how your declaration of "stupid" and "simple" is compelling and actually supports the arguments you make...

Really, Seer - I do try to avoid condescending emojis... but your perpetual use of such declarations truly earns an
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Of course we do. Show me one sanctioned marathon where the best woman has beaten the best man. Show where the best champion woman weightlifter has beaten the best champion male weightlifter. If you did this no woman would ever win a champion tennis tournament again. Take the best women's basket ball team and put them against the best men's team, the women wouldn't have a chance. Sorry Carp, your leftist illusions has made you irrational.
            Or perhaps we simply teach young girls, as you apparently do, that they simply can't compete with men and that's the level to which they aspire?

https://www.elle.com/culture/g30119/...n-against-men/

https://www.buzzfeed.com/annanorth/7...xxZ#.jyO6eWxxZ

https://www.active.com/swimming/arti...durance-sports

And an entire book devoted to the subject: https://www.amazon.com/Playing-Boys-.../dp/0195386779 (I just ordered a copy, so thanks for pushing me to this search).

Yeah...I know... it's "stupid" and your summary is "simple."

Or maybe it's actually not "stupid" and your summary actually shows the same historical male bias that has been shown throughout human history? And maybe, just maybe, the solution to the transgender problem is to remove the me/female divide and let women strive to be the best they can be in any sport against any competitor? People have a tendency to rise to the level of their expectations, and the expectations of those around them. At least they have in my experience of working with youth and managing people.

Now and then, Seer, an opposing view actually has some merit. Perhaps if your knee didn't jerk quite so fast, you might consider one or two of them.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Once again carp either ignores or hand waves off the cold hard facts such as those presented by Terraceth
              Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
              The all-time world record for a woman in the 100 meter dash (10.49 seconds) is longer than the men's minimum requirement for that event to compete in the Olympics (10.18 seconds).

Or, how about a longer event? The time requirement to compete in the men's one mile run in the Olympics is 3 minutes 54 seconds. The all-time world record for a woman in that event? 4 minutes 12 seconds.
              And lpot's mention that the military fitness charts have different score charts for men and women to which I'll add

Source: We Thought Female Athletes Were Catching Up to Men, but They're Not

Earlier this week, we set out to test our perception that women were catching up to men. We know, after all, that there are and were structural factors that prevented women from engaging in and training for athletics. Our perception was that these impediments had been getting slowly eroded. Therefore, we expected to see, at least in some sports, a path to equality that showed women's times catching up with men's in 2031 or some other date in the future.

But when we went to the data, our hypothesis didn't hold up. In a set of swimming and running races, each women's world record was about 90 percent of the men's world record.

It turned out someone had already conducted similar -- and broader -- research on this ratio. The Israeli physicist Ira Hammerman spoke at the 2010 Wingate Congress of Exercise & Sports Sciences, and he found that this little-known ratio held across all sports.

Running. Swimming. Rowing. Kayaking. Short distance, long distance. Accomplished in teams or attempted alone.These are such diverse events, requiring different parts of the body and diverse types of talent. And yet they all share something: Their women's speed world records are all about 90 percent of their men's speed world records, in both short, middle and long distances.

In kayak racing -- played solo or in teams of 2 or 4; at distances of 200m, 500m or 1000m -- the mean ratio between women's and men's records was .88. In track cycling, at short or endurance distances, women's records were 88 percent of men's.

Even in crew rowing -- a sport for 1, 2, 4 or 9 people, with two different forms of rowing and two different average weights -- the mean ratio from men's over women's world records was .90.

Hammerman looked at a total of 82 events in all, across six sports, and the difference between all of their records fell between .84 and .94:

[*All emphases in the original*]

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The article continues speculating that perhaps given enough time and if more women start participating that this gap might magically disappear but then notes that "this rough ratio has held for 55 years"

00000000000000ars4d.jpg
              "Don't be confused by the x-axis: it's counting years, though
              they may look like ratios. That 1/55 means January 1955"

It also notes that women have caught up with some records -- like tying Mark Spitz's record for the butterfly (swimming) -- but of course that was 50 years ago and I should note has been repeatedly shattered since then. Today, his time might not even qualify someone to make the finals.

But continue ignoring all of this. Perhaps its just another of your "right-wing memes" Instead concentrate on getting your knickers in a bunch over someone saying "stupid" and "simple."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Or perhaps we simply teach young girls, as you apparently do, that they simply can't compete with men and that's the level to which they aspire?

https://www.elle.com/culture/g30119/...n-against-men/

https://www.buzzfeed.com/annanorth/7...xxZ#.jyO6eWxxZ

https://www.active.com/swimming/arti...durance-sports

And an entire book devoted to the subject: https://www.amazon.com/Playing-Boys-.../dp/0195386779 (I just ordered a copy, so thanks for pushing me to this search).

Yeah...I know... it's "stupid" and your summary is "simple."

Or maybe it's actually not "stupid" and your summary actually shows the same historical male bias that has been shown throughout human history? And maybe, just maybe, the solution to the transgender problem is to remove the me/female divide and let women strive to be the best they can be in any sport against any competitor? People have a tendency to rise to the level of their expectations, and the expectations of those around them. At least they have in my experience of working with youth and managing people.

Now and then, Seer, an opposing view actually has some merit. Perhaps if your knee didn't jerk quite so fast, you might consider one or two of them.
                Yes it is stupid, yes at times women can beat men. But generally that is not the case nor ever will be, there are deep genetic differences. Look at the recent Boston Marathon, how did the fastest woman compared to the fastest man? It wasn't even close - and this was a woman who was at the top of her game. Sure the fastest woman did beat a lot of men, but that is not the point. Look at the record holding weightlifting women compared to men - again it is not even close. One of your links compared 26 year old Billie Jean King to 55 year old Bobby Riggs. Nonsense, he was old. If she played the top male of that day he would have killed her. Believe me, I have two granddaughters, I want them to excel in sports - but not on a COMPLETELY unfair field competing against men.
                Last edited by seer; 06-15-2018, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                  I don't see a difference between these women and athletes like Katie Smith, Chantae McMillan, or Amanda Bingson. Nataliya Kuznetsova is more muscular than anyone you or I mentioned. Her secret: steroid and estrogen blockers.
                  So their secret is to have more testosterone like a man?

And you don't see any difference in those photos and regular female athletes who DON'T abuse steroids (which are illegal in sports anyway?)

Comment

Yes it is stupid, yes at times women can beat men. But generally that is not the case nor ever will be, there are deep genetic differences. Look at the recent Boston Marathon, how did the fastest woman compared to the fastest man? It wasn't even close - and this was a woman who was at the top of her game. Sure the fastest woman did beat a lot of men, but that is not the point. Look at the record holding weightlifting women compared to men - again it is not even close. One of your links compared 26 year old Billie Jean King to 55 year old Bobby Riggs. Nonsense, he was old. If she played the top male of that day he would have killed her. Believe me, I have two granddaughters, I want them to excel in sports - but not on a COMPLETELY unfair field competing against men.
                    Obviously there are sporting competitions where men and women could compete on a level playing surface, where men's strength and speed does not factor into play. I would think archery might be one.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28288[/ATTACH]
                      If you want to compare extremes...

00000000000000ars4a.jpg 00000000000000ars4a.jpg 00000000000000ars4b.jpg 00000000000000ars4c.jpg

The fact is that men have significantly more muscle mass. A study in the Journal of Applied Physiology found that men had an average of 26 lbs. (12 kgs) more skeletal muscle mass than women. Women also exhibited about 40% less upper-body strength and 33% less lower-body strength, on average. You can't PC away basic biology
                      Last edited by rogue06; 06-15-2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Obviously there are sporting competitions where men and women could compete on a level playing surface, where men's strength and speed does not factor into play. I would think archery might be one.
                        Right, and like bowling or race car driving.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

The fact is that men have significantly more muscle mass
                          Where did you get my picture?

Comment

Where did you get my picture?
                            You are an asian girl?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              You are an asian girl?
                              Maybe, what's it to you!

Comment

Maybe, what's it to you!
                                #metoo!

Comment