Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Separating immigrant families and imprisoning children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    You too need a new tune, CP. This explains the vote in 2016. It does NOT explain the broad level of continued support and acclaim, the approval ratings from Evangelicals and Republicans at record levels, and the lack of any significant public challenge of much (any?) of this man's behavior.
    He's a jackass who's actually fulfilling his campaign promises. As opposed to a jillass who would be more dangerous if she DID fulfill her agenda.

Apples and oranges, CP. If I go into a store and get service from a serial rapist, and I do not KNOW he is a serial rapist - I am not morally culpable.
    But you'd buy apples and oranges from him?

If I KNOW he is a serial rapist and still patronize his business, and laud his good service, then I am making myself morally culpable.
    Do you KNOW that Trump is a serial rapist, Carpe? Or are you competing with Tassman for drama queen of Tweb?

So can I assume you do NOT think we should be ignoring the death of this man because it puts at risk $100B dollars in trade?
    Ya know, sometimes it almost seems like you're trying to be JimL, only with a brain.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Not necessarily - he's not being overly pesty.

Now, CARPE, on the other hand......

(I still love you, Carpe!)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He's a jackass who's actually fulfilling his campaign promises. As opposed to a jillass who would be more dangerous if she DID fulfill her agenda.
        A female would be a Jenny Ass. Get it right!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

It was a mixed metaphor -- Jack fell down and broke his crown. I know my asses!!!

Comment

He can't help that he's colorblind.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              He can't help that he's colorblind.
              My youngest daughter's name is Jenny - we have always called our female assess "Jills".

Comment

It was a mixed metaphor -- Jack fell down and broke his crown. I know my asses!!!
                oh yeah? Then what is this?

Comment

oh yeah? Then what is this?

Careful, there, Pirate!

Comment

That would be because activist judges tied his hands, rendering the laws as written unenforceable - thus removing the intended deterrent.
                    Standard right wing paranoia. The "activist judges" were following the law, whereas Trump, it was ruled , was breaking it.

I'm shocked, shocked I say, that removal of the deterrent has resulted in an increase in illegal immigration.
                    It's legal to seek asylum in the US at an official border crossing, they are not "illegal immigrants".
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

My youngest daughter's name is Jenny - we have always called our female assess "Jills".
                      That's ferrets.
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        That's ferrets.
                        Ya learn something new every day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Standard right wing paranoia. The "activist judges" were following the law, whereas Trump, it was ruled , was breaking it.
                          Your opinion is duly noted.
                          It's legal to seek asylum in the US at an official border crossing, they are not "illegal immigrants".
                          They could have legally sought asylum in Mexico, too, but chose to go around the official border crossing instead.
                          For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

I'm sure they'll suddenly do the right thing further north.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• How come they aren't trying to go to any of a dozen south american countries that have better conditions and freedom?

Comment

How come they aren't trying to go to any of a dozen south american countries that have better conditions and freedom?
                              They pretty much burst into Mexico refusing to fill out paperwork for things like applying for sanctuary. Yeah, I'm sure they'll act completely different when they get to the U.S. border.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They could have legally sought asylum in Mexico, too, but chose to go around the official border crossing instead.
                                According to former Mexican Foreign Affairs minister on Amanpour's program, over 1,000 of the refugees have done just that.
                                Last edited by Tassman; 10-24-2018, 12:53 AM.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment