Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Separating immigrant families and imprisoning children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    You might want to stop pretending you can read minds because you can’t. In reality land, I think it’s unemphetic to use people to further a political agenda, such as hyperventilating over things happening under Trump that has been going on for 20 years without a single tear shed until it can be used as a weapon against a political foe. Second, I understand this for what it is, people like you manipulating emotions to get what they want. Do tell, did you shed a tear while this happened under Obama or did you only care after 2016?
    I like the movement from:
    You might want to stop pretending you can read minds because you can’t.
    To:
    Second, I understand this for what it is, people like you manipulating emotions to get what they want.
    So a after a few lines you are the mind reader.

And need I remind you that a lot of the statements you made about me and what I did or thought in the past are completely wrong and made up on your side? Could you try to argue a case instead of assuming the worst of those you disagree with?
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post

To:

And need I remind you that a lot of the statements you made about me and what I did or thought in the past are completely wrong and made up on your side? Could you try to argue a case instead of assuming the worst of those you disagree with?
      Do ya think you could for once actually discuss the topic of a thread instead of complaining about what people say?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Do ya think you could for once actually discuss the topic of a thread instead of complaining about what people say?
        Yes, net-nanny, I was actually doing that until someone started making false statements about me. Those false statements derailed the discussion.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Yes, net-nanny, I was actually doing that until someone started making false statements about me. Those false statements derailed the discussion.
          Ironic that this statement is false, as has already been pointed out to you.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Well luckily, my actual JOB on theologyweb is to be one of the net-nannies.

But yours isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Ironic that this statement is false, as has already been pointed out to you.
              What you point to is another false statement and thus what it "points out" is worth absoulutely nothing at all. It is interesting to note that you guys simply cannot seem to get past the point where you have to rely on false statements on who I support or what I did in the past. It seems you lack something of substance. It seems you simply cannot discuss right or wrong in itself but need to discuss persons instead. This happens over and over and is duly noted. Rogue has followed this to the most extreme among the twebbers and simply seems to have no idea about right or wrong in and of itself.

Comment

Well luckily, my actual JOB on theologyweb is to be one of the net-nannies.

But yours isn't.
                He just heppin ya.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What you point to is another false statement
                  Wrong.
                  ...and thus what it "points out" is worth absoulutely nothing at all. It is interesting to note that you guys simply cannot seem to get past the point where you have to rely on false statements on who I support or what I did in the past. It seems you lack something of substance. It seems you simply cannot discuss right or wrong in itself but need to discuss persons instead. This happens over and over and is duly noted. Rogue has followed this to the most extreme among the twebbers and simply seems to have no idea about right or wrong in and of itself.
                  CEPG0BtWoAAlovd.jpg
                  You describe yourself remarkably well, Charles. I admire your chutzpah. Lemme know when you decide to quit hurling baseless accusations and get around to something substantive, kay?
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

So evidence isn't evidence? You think there was only ONE MS-13 guy among 10,000 illegals? And everyone else was just regular refugees running from persecution?
                    There may well be more that one MS-13 guy, but by most accounts the majority of migrants aren’t dangerous criminals. Many are women and families—and many are fleeing gang violence rather than seeking to spread that violence farther north. Trump is being dishonest (no surprise there) by his scare tactics in casting the Central American migrants as MS-13 and other dangerous criminals. Whist immigration reform is certainly required there is no reason to not to exercise compassion during the process.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

To:

Than perhaps you can explain to us why you were not protesting this terrible tragedy before Trump became president if you cared so much?
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

False statements, so you were protesting this terrible tragedy before 2017?
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          There may well be more that one MS-13 guy, but by most accounts the majority of migrants aren’t dangerous criminals. Many are women and families—and many are fleeing gang violence rather than seeking to spread that violence farther north. Trump is being dishonest (no surprise there) by his scare tactics in casting the Central American migrants as MS-13 and other dangerous criminals. Whist immigration reform is certainly required there is no reason to not to exercise compassion during the process.
                          The border patrol (ICE) routinely stops gang members and drug dealers crossing the border at all times throughout the year. And many more get through the line undetected which is why MS-13 and drug cartels are such a problem in the USA. Why do you think it would be any different in the Caravan where they could hide among the crowds?

You think they just generously decide NOT to infiltrate the caravan for some reason?

Comment

• Here is the latest:
                            =============
                            Migrant groups march to U.S. consulate in Tijuana demanding reparations

Two groups of Central American migrants made separate marches on the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana Tuesday, demanding that they be processed through the asylum system more quickly and in greater numbers, that deportations be halted and that President Trump either let them into the country or pay them $50,000 each to go home.

On the one-month anniversary of their arrival into Tijuana, caravan members are pressing the United States to take action but they are dwindling in numbers since more than 6,000 first arrived to the city’s shelters.
                            Border Dispatch: Special installments of the San Diego News Fix podcast

Approximately 700 have voluntarily returned to their country of origin, 300 have been deported, and 2,500 have applied for humanitarian visas in Mexico, according to Xochtil Castillo, a caravan member who met with Mexican officials Tuesday. The group of unaccounted migrants, about 3,500 are presumed to have either crossed illegally into the United States, moved to other Mexican border cities, or simply fallen through the cracks.

The first group demanding action, numbering about 100, arrived at the U.S. Consulate at about 11 am Tuesday. The migrants said they were asking that the Trump Administration pay them $50,000 each or allow them into the U.S.

When asked how the group came up with the $50,000 figure, organizer Alfonso Guerrero Ulloa of Honduras, said they chose that number as a group.

“It may seem like a lot of money to you,” Ulloa said. “But it is a small sum compared to everything the United States has stolen from Honduras.”
                            Ulloa claims he was falsely accused of attacking a Chinese restaurant in Honduras in 1987. He has been living outside Honduras for 30 years, according to an online petition he wrote asking the U.S. government to exonerate him.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...018-story.html

========

So I thought the story was they were fleeing from violence by drug cartels and such in Honduras? Now they are blaming the US for their problems and want to move here or be paid 50K to go home? Doesn't sound like they qualify for asylum if they are willing to go home for a bribe.

And how the heck is it the USA's fault? Anything we do in South or Central America is at the invitation of the governments there and to try to restore peace and eliminate the drug cartels they say they are running from.

These are not refugees. These are greedy liberals trying to score some free money.
                            Last edited by Sparko; 12-13-2018, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• How can you demand "reparations" from someone for what you did to yourself from someone who repeatedly told you not to do it? Now if it's money from the DNC that they're demanding...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment