My Church...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Church...

...Feeding the poor, does my heart good...

35305969_10209784834612393_1688682816100892672_n.jpg
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    ...Feeding the poor, does my heart good...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28289[/ATTACH]
    When we did our Car Clinic a few weeks ago, one of the guys said "I like this better than worship". Another guy gave him a friendly slug and said, "this IS worship!"
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      When we did our Car Clinic a few weeks ago, one of the guys said "I like this better than worship". Another guy gave him a friendly slug and said, "this IS worship!"
      Yes, we have a good little system here, that we have been using for a number of years now. I few churches got together and run this food truck with donations and volunteers, each week the truck is at a different church. We have literally fed thousands over that time...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Yes, we have a good little system here, that we have been using for a number of years now. I few churches got together and run this food truck with donations and volunteers, each week the truck is at a different church. We have literally fed thousands over that time...
        And you get to know many of these people personally. If it's anything like we've done in some of the other churches I've been in, it branches out to , "oh, you can WELD? I know a guy who needs a welder...."

Our church doesn't currently operate a food bank, but our community does, and our church contributes substantially to it. The only thing I don't like about that is we're in the "we send a check" category instead of "we're involved in their lives". That's why we look for other opportunities that don't duplicate or compete with what else is going on in town.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment