Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

My Facebook account is broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Facebook account is broken

Ok, I know this is a long shot, but...

My Facebook account is suddenly totally hosed.

My News Feed is blank. My Timeline is blank. Messenger is gone. None of the items on the bar -- Friends, Notifications, Help, etc. -- work at all. I cannot post new messages.

I have tried clearing the browser cache, closing and restarting Facebook, using a different browser, rebooting the computer.

My primary browser is Palemoon. My second choice is Opera. Facebook does not work at all in either. In IE, I am able to access a friend's account. From there, I can "see" my Timeline, and it *appears* normal, but I cannot post to it as one normally can to a friend's Timeline (assuming proper security settings).

In Lunascape, Facebook is usable, except that it continually resets to a zoom level unpleasantly small.

I have *not* tried disabling add-ons or creating a new profile. Since the problem arose out of nowhere in the middle of the day, and since it persists across multiple browsers, I see no reason why the problem would be add-ons in one particular browser, especially since they did not change in the middle of the day.

Suggestions?
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

It keeps stopping.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Not sure if this is related but... Facebook’s latest Messenger update for iOS is making the app crash constantly

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

if it doesn't look normal in firefox or chrome, then you should probably email facebook support. Maybe they can reset it.

Comment

Still stopping. Samsung note 8. I've notified Facebook twice.

Comment

And now my Asus. Bleah.

Comment

????? now I have to enter my password to dial out?

Never mind...I think I know what that is. Meantime, my FB seems to be back.
              Last edited by DesertBerean; 06-16-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Facebook on my laptop, to be more explicit. I don't have a smart-phone, so it never occurs to me to specify.

Anyway, it fixed itself, just as it broke itself.

I used alternate browsers for about a day. The experience was not pleasant, but at least FB was usable. I also checked in every few hours with my favorite browser. The first many times, it did not work. Mostly blank page. "F" logo in the corner, items on the blue bar present but non-functional. Then, suddenly, all was back to normal.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

It was fine on my laptop. And like you, FB just all suddenly fixed itself on my phone. Haven't checked my Asus, but I guess it's the same.

Comment

sounds like you might have picked up a virus or something DB.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      sounds like you might have picked up a virus or something DB.
                      For what's its worth, I also put the wrong end of the teabag in my cup....typed (and erased) some nonsense in comments...so it may be partly me...

Comment

I'm assuming it was the odious FB engi-nerds engaging in their habitual unnecessary tinkering.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment