Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cardinal Timothy Dolan on Trump’s immigration policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    There are not a lot of other options for 'children' that aren't yet born.
    huh? Do you think they are taking babies out of the womb and tossing them in jail now?

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      You're making me agree with Catholics on morality. I feel dirty.
      I had the same feeling. However I found that his points are so good and important that I had to share them. Even if I don't share his religious view I still feel the need to say that at least this is a view that inspires and shows an interpretation of Christianity that makes sense with regard to the content of the New Testament as opposed to quite a lot of other claims made by Christians about this very sad situation.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        huh? Do you think they are taking babies out of the womb and tossing them in jail now?
        I think it preferable to take care of babies and children once they are born, whereas your moral outrage seems confined to fetus's.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Try again.
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            I think it preferable to take care of babies and children once they are born, whereas your moral outrage seems confined to fetus's.
            This statement is about as dumb as your misspelling of 'fetuses'.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I'm sure the pope lays awake at nights worrying about this.
              This pope might...
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment