Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's dictator envy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yes, why use peaceful diplomacy to disarm an enemy when you could get in a shooting match instead?

Brilliant thinking there, Chuck.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      I have zero problem with being friendly in person to people you're negotiating with. That's basic diplomacy.

Where I have problems with Trump's behavior, is when he's away from the actual diplomacy and is just speaking to the US populace in general as their pretend TV president: He doesn't choose to talk about or endorse American values, he chooses to praise various dictators around the world, states that he wishes the US was more like their countries in many and various ways, says he wished US media praised him as much as NK state media praises Kim, gets excited about how Kim's able to kill generals he doesn't like, etc.
      Yes because we all know dictators live under a rock and don’t have access to the American media. Besides praising dictators was all the rage when Castro died or when Obama was making deals with them. Guess it’s only bad when Trump does it.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        A dictator who was recently responsible for the death of an American citizen, runs his own concentration camps and is generally speaking a really, really bad and immoral guy does not deserve the friendly treatment he got from Trump.
        right. we should have just nuked North Korea into the stone age, right? Who needs peace?

00000000000000ars1.jpg
        Last edited by Sparko; 06-22-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          I have zero problem with being friendly in person to people you're negotiating with. That's basic diplomacy.

Where I have problems with Trump's behavior, is when he's away from the actual diplomacy and is just speaking to the US populace in general as their pretend TV president: He doesn't choose to talk about or endorse American values, he chooses to praise various dictators around the world, states that he wishes the US was more like their countries in many and various ways, says he wished US media praised him as much as NK state media praises Kim, gets excited about how Kim's able to kill generals he doesn't like, etc.
          Exactly, it's a nuance that Trumpsters are just not intelligent enough to recognize. Trump praises autocratic dictators not as a negotiating tactic, he praises them because at heart he is one himself.

Comment

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              And there you go, a typical Trumpster.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Exactly, it's a nuance that Trumpsters are just not intelligent enough to recognize. Trump praises autocratic dictators not as a negotiating tactic, he praises them because at heart he is one himself.
                so why do you want him to take away guns and use his executive powers to overwrite congress on immigration?

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  And there you go, a typical Trumpster.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    so why do you want him to take away guns and use his executive powers to overwrite congress on immigration?
                    Umm...

Because he's a duplicitous hypocrite who wants Trump to act like a dictator while screeching and squealing that Trump is a dictator?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's another false narrative Sparko, pushed by the NRA and those Republican politicians who want to scare you into voting for them. Nobody is trying to take away your guns, what we're trying to do is to keep guns out of the hands of the irresponsible and the mentally ill by regulating the kinds of arms available as well as the sales of those arms. This is just another tiresome argument because we have, and have showed to you, the statistics in countries who have taken these actions, and as usual the data contradicts your argument. Not that the data ever matters to you people with your fixed and unchangeable beliefs.

Comment

That's another false narrative Sparko, pushed by the NRA and those Republican politicians who want to scare you into voting for them. Nobody is trying to take away your guns, what we're trying to do is to keep guns out of the hands of the irresponsible and the mentally ill by regulating the kinds of arms available as well as the sales of those arms. This is just another tiresome argument because we have, and have showed to you, the statistics in countries who have taken these actions, and as usual the data contradicts your argument. Not that the data ever matters to you people with your fixed and unchangeable beliefs.
                        You mean countries like Australia?
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Umm...

Because he's a duplicitous hypocrite who wants Trump to act like a dictator while screeching and squealing that Trump is a dictator?
                          Nope, you're just being your idiotic self and are striking out because you have no idea what you're talking about. Btw, Trump is a wannabe dictator, you're just to blind to see it, and I never argued that he should take your guns away. Do you see how stupid your comments are now rogue?

Comment

But if Trump is a dictator you should be advocating for more people to get guns. We need to protect ourselves from Trumpler.

Comment

Nope, you're just being your idiotic self and are striking out because you have no idea what you're talking about. Btw, Trump is a wannabe dictator, you're just to blind to see it, and I never argued that he should take your guns away. Do you see how stupid your comments are now rogue?
                              CEPG0BtWoAAlovd.jpg

Don't go changin' Jim.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

But if Trump is a dictator you should be advocating for more people to get guns. We need to protect ourselves from Trumpler.
                                Trump isn't a dictator yet, he is a wannabe dictator, and if that is what, like you, the American people in their ignorance vote for, then it isn't guns that the people need in order to defend themselves.

Comment