Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Conservatives fighting back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    That was exactly what happened in the first place. Immigration rights advocates filed suit and a judged ruled that the children could not be confined with their parents and other adults. I pointed this out in another thread about a week ago
    well the ultimate goal is to let the families in with no penalty. Basically having a child becomes a free ticket to the promised land. That is what the liberals want. The executive order is just the stepping stone.

1. Outrage at separating children from parents
    2. Make Trump sign executive order
    3. Complain that kids are going to jail with parents.
    4. Demand parents with kids NOT go to jail and be let in.
    5. Open borders. More people on welfare, more power for democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Well Trump signed the order, kids will no longer be separated - do you want to bet that the liberals won't be happy!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/trum...-together.html
      I am happy that kids will not be separated from their parents.

If any of you think it should follow logically that I somehow also ought to be happy to see them go to jail with their parents it is because you work within the limits of the logical fallacy called incomplete enumeration. It simply is not a choice between the two. There are quite many other options such as keeping them all together under good facilities in places they will enjoy. But I suspect that would make some of the persons who like to identify themselves as Christians unhappy.

I find it a bit interesting that you are all so eager to hear what “liberals” (as if they all think the same) think of the situation without mentioning your own thoughts. But of course it is challenging because some of the Trump supporters have been making statements that seem to be undermined. Lets look at some of them:

Trump cannot change it, it is not his policy, it is all the fault of the Democrats - I see no one denying he has changed it now.

The Trump administration claimed it was Biblical - It seems it was not so Biblical that it could not be changed or do you think Trump needs to repent and read Romans 13 again?

Some of you held that it was so much better to separate the families - Are you going to complain about Trump being bad now?

I am glad I don’t have to answer those questions.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Democrats won't be happy until the Southern border is erased.
        If it makes you feel better I can assure you that I will not even be happy at that point either.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          I am happy that kids will not be separated from their parents.
          Same here.
          If any of you think it should follow logically that I somehow also ought to be happy to see them go to jail with their parents it is because you work within the limits of the logical fallacy called incomplete enumeration. It simply is not a choice between the two. There are quite many other options such as keeping them all together under good facilities in places they will enjoy. But I suspect that would make some of the persons who like to identify themselves as Christians unhappy.
          I find your mean-spirited characterization of those you don't like to be hypocritical at best.
          I find it a bit interesting that you are all so eager to hear what “liberals” (as if they all think the same) think of the situation without mentioning your own thoughts.
          It doubtless surprises you that I don't think all liberals think the same. When I, at any rate, characterize something as a 'liberal' view, I tend to have in mind the liberal elite which largely controls policy.
          But of course it is challenging because some of the Trump supporters have been making statements that seem to be undermined. Lets look at some of them:

Trump cannot change it, it is not his policy, it is all the fault of the Democrats - I see no one denying he has changed it now.
          Trump should not have the power to change it; his power to do so is still limited. I find it ironic that liberals have the screaming heebee-jeebees over the possibility of Trump becoming an autocrat, but now they suddenly want Trump to wield power through his pen instead of having the legislative branch, you know, legislate.
          The Trump administration claimed it was Biblical - It seems it was not so Biblical that it could not be changed or do you think Trump needs to repent and read Romans 13 again?
          I think you're a terrible exegete. Government deciding how to prosecute people is biblical. What Trump did hasn't changed that.
          Some of you held that it was so much better to separate the families - Are you going to complain about Trump being bad now?
          I held that it was the least bad option, and I was happy that Republicans in Congress tried to craft a better one.
          I am glad I don’t have to answer those questions.
          Ooh, smug superiority. Aren't you special?
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Same here.

I find your mean-spirited characterization of those you don't like to be hypocritical at best.

It doubtless surprises you that I don't think all liberals think the same. When I, at any rate, characterize something as a 'liberal' view, I tend to have in mind the liberal elite which largely controls policy.

Trump should not have the power to change it; his power to do so is still limited. I find it ironic that liberals have the screaming heebee-jeebees over the possibility of Trump becoming an autocrat, but now they suddenly want Trump to wield power through his pen instead of having the legislative branch, you know, legislate.

I think you're a terrible exegete. Government deciding how to prosecute people is biblical. What Trump did hasn't changed that.

I held that it was the least bad option, and I was happy that Republicans in Congress tried to craft a better one.

Ooh, smug superiority. Aren't you special?
            That ^^^^

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              well the ultimate goal is to let the families in with no penalty. Basically having a child becomes a free ticket to the promised land. That is what the liberals want. The executive order is just the stepping stone.

1. Outrage at separating children from parents
              2. Make Trump sign executive order
              3. Complain that kids are going to jail with parents.

4. Demand parents with kids NOT go to jail and be let in.
              5. Open borders. More people on welfare, more power for democrats.
              Well that didn't take long at all.

Step 2 and now 3 are complete!

ACLU Statement on Proposed Trump Executive Order on Family Separation

Children don’t belong in jail at all, even with their parents, under any set of circumstances.
              https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-state...ily-separation

Basically the ACLU previously sued Trump for separating children from their parents.
              Shumer said that Trump should fix it with his pen
              Trump fixed it with his pen
              Now the ACLU is complaining because children are not being separated from their parents and are being "put in jail"

Now for step 4. Demand parents with Kids not be put in jail and be given a free pass to enter the country.

A child becomes a VISA. Yeah that will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Yep... I suspect they're trying to bait Trump into an executive order so they can block it in the courts and accuse him of trying to be a dictator while leaving this "crisis" unsolved.
                I called it.

Now to see if the rest of my prediction comes to pass.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Now for step 4. Demand parents with Kids not be put in jail and be given a free pass to enter the country.

Has worked in past. '''''''dreamers'''''', also anchor babies.

Good thing there is President who will put end to this nonsense!
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Dems leaders are stupid. So far they pretend 'everything fine at border, nothing to see folks!!!!'

Now with '''''''''''crisis''''''''''' everyone thinking about borders, lots more start to change mind 'maybe Trump was right!'
                    Last edited by demi-conservative; 06-21-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                      Dems leaders are stupid. So far they pretend 'everything fine at border, nothing to see folks!!!!'

Now with '''''''''''cris''''''''''' everyone thinking about borders, lots more start to change mind 'maybe Trump was right!'
                      Needs more apostrophes and exclamation points.

Comment

Needs more apostrophes and exclamation points.
                        Demi is trying to cut down..

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                          Demi is trying to cut down..
                          Well tell him it isn't working.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            Republican members of Congress are practically lining up to push back against the administration on this issue, as are other Republicans (Laura Bush, Franklin Graham).
                            Going well??

Comment

Children don’t belong in jail at all, even with their parents, under any set of circumstances.

Basically the ACLU previously sued Trump for separating children from their parents.
                              Now the ACLU is complaining because children are not being separated from their parents and are being "put in jail"

Yep. That's why I don't mind the idea of separating the kids from the parents. I don't want to see the kids go to jail. We can't afford nicer accommodations for so many people who are a huge flight risk, so there's going to be an awful lot of yammering from the left.
                              Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

A lot of those who complained the loudest about separating children from their families are being exposed as never having been interested in reuniting families in the first place.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment