Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Conservatives fighting back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Does "family values" include endangering your own children with a perilous desert crossing, and getting yourself arrested by breaking the law so that you are no longer able to care for them? What are we supposed to do in response? Just let them waltz into our country without consequence? Is that what "family values" means to liberals? How long before you start clamoring for drug dealers and other criminals to be set free because of the "psychological harm" separation causes to their children?
    "Family values" includes making decisions that support families. Previous administrations have managed to deal with immigrants (even illegal ones) without destroying families, and illegal immigration still dropped to 17% of what it was at its peak. The current rate of illegal immigration is around 300,000 per year, down from the peak of 1.6M in the early 2000s. The current hype about immigration is a political emphasis because it rallies the right. It is not based in an actually urgent situation. The illegal immigration population in the U.S. has been on the decline since 2007 and the vast majority of illegal immigrants have now been in the country more than a decade.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

No honesty, carped?? Out!
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        This just keeps getting better.

On CBS's This Morning, news correspondent David Begnaud reported that the mother of the little girl in the picture that Time misappropriated to push fake news was deported back in 2013 after a previous attempt to sneak into the country.
        There is something definitely fishy about this woman. She left 3 other children behind and her husband who has a good paying job. Now I can see there might be a reason to leave her husband if he is abusive, but who runs to another country for that? And if she was leaving him for some reason like that, why only take the baby and not the other children?

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          Demi, you started this thread trolling liberals. You can't kick them out when they took your bait. Live with it.

'Think of children!!! ' not working, libs. Try something else for midterms!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
            No Bible quote could justify the unjust actions taken by American authorities towards these children.
            Unjust? What do you think happened to the children of adulterers in the Old Testament, Chuck? Or the children of murderers? Children being separated from their parents has always been an unfortunate consequence of holding lawbreakers accountable for their crimes; not punishing those who break the law is simply not an option.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Demi, you started this thread trolling liberals.
              Taunting, not trolling.

You can't kick them out when they took your bait. Live with it.
              If persistently not honest, demi will ask them to leave.
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                "Family values" includes making decisions that support families.
                I see, so you're going to continue to turn a blind eye to the parents who make the willful decision to endanger their own children by dragging them across the desert with inadequate supplies and then getting arrested for breaking the law. What do you think would happen to my own children if my wife and I were to do the same?

Like I said, you liberals really don't give a damn about the children. This is nothing but political theater to you. Too bad it seems to blowing up in your face: "Nearly Half of Swing District Voters Want Illegal Alien Families Deported Together to Their Native Country".

Comment

I see, so you're going to continue to turn a blind eye to the parents who make the willful decision to endanger their own children by dragging them across the desert with inadequate supplies and then getting arrested for breaking the law. What do you think would happen to my own children if my wife and I were to do the same?
                  No. I'm going to assume that the people who make this decisions have their reasons, and I do not know the situation enough to make a judgement call. Neither do you. It's why there is an assessment process and a immigration court system.

Like I said, you liberals really don't give a damn about the children. This is nothing but political theater to you. Too bad it seems to blowing up in your face: "Nearly Half of Swing District Voters Want Illegal Alien Families Deported Together to Their Native Country".
                  You are entitled to your opinion, MM. As for your article, I don't have the time/energy to filter through Brietbart's spin. If you have a different source, I'll be happy to look at it.
                  The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                    No. I'm going to assume that the people who make this decisions have their reasons, and I do not know the situation enough to make a judgement call. Neither do you. It's why there is an assessment process and a immigration court system.
                    Did they endanger their children with a perilous desert crossing and then break the law for which they were arrested? No more spin. A simple yes or no will be sufficient.

Comment

Unjust? What do you think happened to the children of adulterers in the Old Testament, Chuck? Or the children of murderers? Children being separated from their parents has always been an unfortunate consequence of holding lawbreakers accountable for their crimes; not punishing those who break the law is simply not an option.
                      Rather desperate to compare these persons fleeing hopeless situations with murderers. If you had the right perspective and understanding of doing unto others, welcomming the stranger, the least of these and so on, separating children from their parents would simply not be an option.

But you would rather ignore the words of Jesus and go to the old testament. You are doing quite well in showing your views are not compatible with Christianity.

Comment

Did they endanger their children with a perilous desert crossing and then break the law for which they were arrested? No more spin. A simple yes or no will be sufficient.
                        A parent always has to make a call. Sometimes, to escape one danger, they need to face another. I have no idea what most of these people are facing, or how many of them are facing it. I have no idea what their decision process is. And neither do you.

You're spinning the right-wing theme without a basis for making the judgments. That is why we have immigration judges.

Comment

Taunting, not trolling.
                          Taunting to get a reaction IS trolling. And you got a reaction. Congrats.

If persistently not honest, demi will ask them to leave.
                          You can ASK them but in this case we mods won't enforce it. If they honor your request that is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            Rather desperate to compare these persons fleeing hopeless situations with murderers. If you had the right perspective and understanding of doing unto others, welcomming the stranger, the least of these and so on, separating children from their parents would simply not be an option.

But you would rather ignore the words of Jesus and go to the old testament. You are doing quite well in showing your views are not compatible with Christianity.
                            You realize Jesus is the same God as the God in the Old Testament, right? And the same one that will one day return and wipe out all sinners? God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He doesn't change.

Comment

I missed this. My posts are honestly made, though I cannot claim immunity from errors.

That being said, it's your thread. My apologies for the subsequent posts, and I will unsubscribe from this this thread immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post

Murderers and adulterers, but way to miss the point, Chuck.

Furthermore, Jesus' words do not conflict with God's moral laws, you doofus; and as long as you're going to rely on the Bible for your argument, I'm still waiting for you to advance your position with a verse saying that those who break the law should not face the consequences. Well?

If parents don't want to be separated from their children for breaking the law then maybe they shouldn't break the law. Lawbreakers are separated from their kids all across the US every single day. Why should illegal immigrants be treated any differently than lawless American citizens?
                                Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-25-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment