Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Conservatives fighting back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

And now we know that the child in the picture, which has become the face of family separation issue, was never separated from her parents. Nothing like a bit of fake news to liven up the debate. Kind of like how the MSM used pictures taken in 2014 when Obama was president and claimed they were from now.
      Last edited by rogue06; 06-22-2018, 07:37 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        A lot of those who complained the loudest about separating children from their families are being exposed as never having been interested in reuniting families in the first place.
        Over on MSNBC (the network that the Obama Administration said they loved) their national-affairs analyst, John Heilemann, let the cat out of the bag when he excitedly told Nicolle Wallace on her show Deadline: White House that all of this has provided the MSM and Democrats "a great chance" to inflict damage on Trump and Republicans ("We have a great chance to inflict one on him and his party in November"). Wallace even remarked "I’ve never seen you like this before. You’ve given me a lump in my throat with that."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Over on MSNBC (the network that the Obama Administration said they loved) their national-affairs analyst, John Heilemann, let the cat out of the bag when he excitedly told Nicolle Wallace on her show Deadline: White House that all of this has provided the MSM and Democrats "a great chance" to inflict damage on Trump and Republicans ("We have a great chance to inflict one on him and his party in November"). Wallace even remarked "I’ve never seen you like this before. You’ve given me a lump in my throat with that."
          Like I said, Democrats think they've finally stumbled on a winning issue, and they're not going to give it up without a fight. They don't give a damn about the children. It's all about "getting" Trump.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28450[/ATTACH]

And now we know that the child in the picture, which has become the face of family separation issue, was never separated from her parents. Nothing like a bit of fake news to liven up the debate. Kind of like how the MSM used pictures taken in 2014 when Obama was president and claimed they were from now.
            Reading that story puts the lie to the tale that these people are running for their lives to escape horrors in their own country.

The father remains in Honduras. The wife took their daughter and paid $6,000 for a coyote to take her to America where she wanted a "better life"

Here is a photo of their life in Honduras:

Looks pretty middle class to me. Now she is an illegal in America without papers and a job. How much better is her life going to be?

And think of the danger she subjected her daughter to taking her from Honduras to the US border.

The wife left her husband and other children behind.

He said:

'I don't have any resentment for my wife, but I do think it was irresponsible of her to take the baby with her in her arms because we don't know what could happen.'

The couple has three other children, son Wesly, 14, and daughters Cindy, 11, and Brianna, six.

'The kids see what's happening. They're a little worried but I don't try to bring it up that much. They know their mother and sister are safe now.'

Denis said that he believes the journey across the border is only worth it to some degree, and admits that it's not something he would ever consider.

He said he heard from friends that his wife paid $6,000 for a coyote - a term for someone who smuggles people across the border.

'I wouldn't risk my life for it. It's hard to find a good job here and that's why many people choose to leave. But I thank God that I have a good job here. And I would never risk my life making that journey.'

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Reading that story puts the lie to the tale that these people are running for their lives to escape horrors in their own country.

The father remains in Honduras. The wife took their daughter and paid $6,000 for a coyote to take her to America where she wanted a "better life"

Here is a photo of their life in Honduras:

Looks pretty middle class to me. Now she is an illegal in America without papers and a job. How much better is her life going to be?

And think of the danger she subjected her daughter to taking her from Honduras to the US border.

The wife left her husband and other children behind.

He said:

'I don't have any resentment for my wife, but I do think it was irresponsible of her to take the baby with her in her arms because we don't know what could happen.'

The couple has three other children, son Wesly, 14, and daughters Cindy, 11, and Brianna, six.

'The kids see what's happening. They're a little worried but I don't try to bring it up that much. They know their mother and sister are safe now.'

Denis said that he believes the journey across the border is only worth it to some degree, and admits that it's not something he would ever consider.

He said he heard from friends that his wife paid $6,000 for a coyote - a term for someone who smuggles people across the border.

'I wouldn't risk my life for it. It's hard to find a good job here and that's why many people choose to leave. But I thank God that I have a good job here. And I would never risk my life making that journey.'
              So - a basic lesson in logic. That one child in one picture is not "fleeing harm" (does the article anywhere claim that she was?) does not "put a lie to the claim that these people are fleeing desperate situations." It does put a lie to any claim that "all of these people are feeling desperate situations." Anyone making that claim is really badly informed. Anyone claiming that everyone crossing the border is "coming from a middle class life" is likewise badly informed. As with most things, the reality is a complex combination of people fleeing horrible situations, people just wanting to be in America, people crossing for criminal purposes (drugs, etc.), people out for an adventure, and so forth. That is why there is a screening process.

Personally, I advocate a zero-tolerance policy for anyone crossing the border illegally. I don't think families should be separated, but I do think anyone crossing the border illegally should be turned back, unless there is an urgent medical situation (i.e., someone will die if they are turned around). The border is littered with valid ports of entry, and those seeking to apply for asylum should approach those ports. I frankly don't understand why border patrol agents are not empowered to simply return those crossing to the border and send them on their way, or bring them immediately to the nearest legal port of entry to join the line of those attempting enter legally.
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                So - a basic lesson in logic. That one child in one picture is not "fleeing harm" (does the article anywhere claim that she was?) does not "put a lie to the claim that these people are fleeing desperate situations." It does put a lie to any claim that "all of these people are feeling desperate situations." Anyone making that claim is really badly informed. Anyone claiming that everyone crossing the border is "coming from a middle class life" is likewise badly informed. As with most things, the reality is a complex combination of people fleeing horrible situations, people just wanting to be in America, people crossing for criminal purposes (drugs, etc.), people out for an adventure, and so forth. That is why there is a screening process.

Personally, I advocate a zero-tolerance policy for anyone crossing the border illegally. I don't think families should be separated, but I do think anyone crossing the border illegally should be turned back, unless there is an urgent medical situation (i.e., someone will die if they are turned around). The border is littered with valid ports of entry, and those seeking to apply for asylum should approach those ports. I frankly don't understand why border patrol agents are not empowered to simply return those crossing to the border and send them on their way, or bring them immediately to the nearest legal port of entry to join the line of those attempting enter legally.
                Give me a break. Carp. We have had every news agency and every liberal on tweb whining about why we need to let in these people who are so desperate to escape horrible conditions that they trek thousands of miles to the USA to seek amnesty. People escaping Honduras for example. This very little girl was used on Time Magazine to show what a horrible person Trump was being. And the truth is that many of these people are not in dire situations, yet they PLACE their children and family in dire straits by hiring coyotes and trekking thousands of miles "for a better life" when they had a perfectly good one where they were. And we are supposed to feel sorry for them when their children are taken away? This mother endangered her child and it wasn't even taken away from her! Yet the child made the cover of time magazine.

And you are right, there are many reasons people try to sneak in. And we DO need screening processes, and when we use those screening processes, liberals scream how cruel Trump is. Earlier in the other thread when I mentioned trafficking of children and such, you poo-poohed the whole thing, saying it was just a phase we went through back during Obama's reign. It is still going on right now. And children are even being put in danger by their own parents as we see here, for no good reason.

Oh but I forgot, this is an example, not an argument, right?

Comment

Give me a break. Carp. We have had every news agency and every liberal on tweb whining about why we need to let in these people who are so desperate to escape horrible conditions that they trek thousands of miles to the USA to seek amnesty. People escaping Honduras for example. This very little girl was used on Time Magazine to show what a horrible person Trump was being. And the truth is that many of these people are not in dire situations, yet they PLACE their children and family in dire straits by hiring coyotes and trekking thousands of miles "for a better life" when they had a perfectly good one where they were. And we are supposed to feel sorry for them when their children are taken away? This mother endangered her child and it wasn't even taken away from her! Yet the child made the cover of time magazine.

And you are right, there are many reasons people try to sneak in. And we DO need screening processes, and when we use those screening processes, liberals scream how cruel Trump is. Earlier in the other thread when I mentioned trafficking of children and such, you poo-poohed the whole thing, saying it was just a phase we went through back during Obama's reign. It is still going on right now. And children are even being put in danger by their own parents as we see here, for no good reason.

Oh but I forgot, this is an example, not an argument, right?
                  Sorry - I kind of lost track when I saw that bolded part...
                  The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Those parents put children into hands of human smugglers, to smuggle in the US, illegally! Can only pray they are not traffickers as well, then sell child off.

Sad!

Comment

I knew the very first time I saw it that she was not separated from her parents. However, the interesting thing about it is that even though we all know the situation on the picture never did happen, we also know that more than 2000 children were separated from their parents while Trump was in charge. His administration quoted Romans 13 while children were in tremendeous psychological pain. A smiling Seesion talked about taking care of the weak while children were exposed to a treatment others have described as torture. The sunday school teacher, Sessions, sold out the gospel at the lowest possible price. It is not only fake news but fake gospel.

This is why the fake picture tells a truth that is even more horrible than the situation on the picture.
                      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

This just keeps getting better.

On CBS's This Morning, news correspondent David Begnaud reported that the mother of the little girl in the picture that Time misappropriated to push fake news was deported back in 2013 after a previous attempt to sneak into the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          I knew the very first time I saw it that she was not separated from her parents. However, the interesting thing about it is that even though we all know the situation on the picture never did happen, we also know that more than 2000 children were separated from their parents while Trump was in charge. His administration quoted Romans 13 while children were in tremendeous psychological pain. A smiling Seesion talked about taking care of the weak while children were exposed to a treatment others have described as torture. The sunday school teacher, Sessions, sold out the gospel at the lowest possible price. It is not only fake news but fake gospel.

This is why the fake picture tells a truth that is even more horrible than the situation on the picture.
                          Lib, just accept facts. Kids torn away from parents everyday, also everywhere, cos parents must go to jail. Not hard at all, no need to

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                            "Fake but accurate."

Don't you liberal boneheads ever get tired of having to resort to that lame excuse?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              "Fake but accurate."

Don't you liberal boneheads ever get tired of having to resort to that lame excuse?
                              It essentially means they got caught fabricating evidence to support a contention but now we shouldn't worry about the evidence and concentrate instead on the allegation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                "Fake but accurate."

You did not repeat my words but used your own instead. The picture is not a picture of an actual sitaution that happened so in that way it is fake as a picture. However, the reality and cold heartednes it refers to certainly exists. You have heard about metaphors, peotic truths and stuff like that, right? But, of course, once again, it is far easier to turn your blind eye to the reality the picture really points to. You have managed to do that a lot of times so far, so I am not surprised to see it happening again.
                                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment