Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Can anyone tell me how to save or copy a gif on my ipad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me how to save or copy a gif on my ipad

So I can repost it?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Have you tried the double tap - tap once, then tap and hold (in quick succession) on the picture, then choose copy....

or, depending on where you are, it might even say "save as picture"

If it let's you copy, then you should be able to paste it in an email or message and send it to yourself.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Have you tried the double tap - tap once, then tap and hold (in quick succession) on the picture, then choose copy....

or, depending on where you are, it might even say "save as picture"

If it let's you copy, then you should be able to paste it in an email or message and send it to yourself.
      K, did that. Now, if I want to post it here?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

It just saved it as a still.

If I repost it on my Facebook page will you post it here in the appropriate place?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          It just saved it as a still.

If I repost it on my Facebook page will you post it here in the appropriate place?
          I can certainly try!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

you have to wrap the url in the image tags [IMG ]http://www.imageurl.com/image.gif [/ IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              you have to wrap the url in the image tags [IMG ]http://www.imageurl.com/image.gif [/ IMG]

That URL tag thingy only works for me on my laptop. And sometimes not even then.

Comment

Well, I posted the link. With the url tags, which only still posts the link. On my laptop.

Comment

I just took a look at the link, and it seems that right-clicking it only starts/stops the animation rather than showing a popup to save the URL -- the equivalent of a left-click. Even looking at the page source, I couldn't find the image source. This is a toughie.
                  ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Here's where I posted it, and how it showed up, even using the video tags.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post553156

Comment

Twitter changes animated gifs into videos. So you can't just copy and paste. But here's a website that can turn them back into gifs for you.
                      https://ezgif.com/video-to-gif/ezgif-1-e16bd1189c.mp4

Comment