Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Voters Blame Parents For Border Children Crisis...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voters Blame Parents For Border Children Crisis...

Good...

According to a new Rasmussen poll, a majority of Americans blame illegal immigrant parents for the child crisis on the border over the U.S. government.

The media has put a hyper focus on the separation of families at the border over the last several weeks, leading President Donald Trump to sign an executive order ending the separation. Current U.S. law does not allow families to be detained together if the parents are referred for prosecution for illegal border crossing.

However, the Rasmussen poll shows that Americans don’t blame the Trump administration for the approximately 2,000 children who have been separated from their parents.

54 percent of likely voters polled by Rasmussen said that they think the parents are more to blame for breaking the law.

Only 35 percent said the government is more to blame for the crisis.

Further, 54 percent of voting Americans agree with President Trump’s assertion that “The United States will not be a migrant camp. And it will not be a refugee-holding facility — it won’t be.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/21/ra...border-crisis/

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...hildren_crisis
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

This is what I've been saying. Liberals are shedding big crocodile tears over the children being separated from their parents, yet they studiously refuse to say a word of criticism about the parents who put their children in this predicament -- not to mention subjecting them to the dangers of crossing the Southern desert on foot.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      This is what I've been saying. Liberals are shedding big crocodile tears over the children being separated from their parents, yet they studiously refuse to say a word of criticism about the parents who put their children in this predicament -- not to mention subjecting them to the dangers of crossing the Southern desert on foot.
      Not to mention, most of the children in custody are unaccompanied minors.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

or the danger of being robbed and killed in the desert by the coyotes they hire to bring them here. Or just left to die when the coyotes run off and leave them.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-texas-n785676
        https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8185476.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          or the danger of being robbed and killed in the desert by the coyotes they hire to bring them here. Or just left to die when the coyotes run off and leave them.

And we are causing these kids distress by putting them in safe, clean holding centers!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Also from that bulwark of conservatism the Huffington Post:

Source: 80% Of Central American Women, Girls Are Raped Crossing Into The U.S.

As the number of Central American women and girls crossing into the U.S. continues to spike, so is the staggering amount of sexual violence waged against these migrants who are in search of a better life.

According to a stunning Fusion investigation, 80 percent of women and girls crossing into the U.S. by way of Mexico are raped during their journey. That’s up from a previous estimate of 60 percent, according to an Amnesty International report.

This year alone, immigration authorities expect more than 70,000 unaccompanied minors to come through the United States unlawfully, the majority of whom are from Central American countries of El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras. The number of unaccompanied Central American girls caught at the Southwest border has rapidly outpaced the number boys, according to a July Pew Research study.

Through May, the number of unaccompanied girls younger than 18 caught at the US-Mexico border increased by 77 percent.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The article notes that many girls leave their homes because they fear they'll be raped but that is exactly what happens at the hands of the "coyotaje."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              And we are causing these kids distress by putting them in safe, clean holding centers!
              You are not only causing them danger, you are causing them tremendeous psychological pain. Good facilities is certainly not a bad thing. However it does not change the psychological aspect that you are all so eager to avoid which only shows you simply have nothing of substance to say about it and thus you try to ignore it.
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                You are not only causing them danger, you are causing them tremendeous psychological pain. Good facilities is certainly not a bad thing. However it does not change the psychological aspect that you are all so eager to avoid which only shows you simply have nothing of substance to say about it and thus you try to ignore it.
                Like I said, not a word of criticism for the parents who put them in this situation.

Comment

Like I said, not a word of criticism for the parents who put them in this situation.
                  Trying to focus away from the innocent children again, MM. It must be a really good point since you so consistently avoid using so obvious methods. As for the parents, even if there was anything to blame them for (which in very few cases there may be) then how does it justify the actions taken towards innocent children. Oh, I forget, you are not able to answer that question. Looking forward to see your next attempt not to answer the question.
                  "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Trying to focus away from the innocent children again, MM. It must be a really good point since you so consistently avoid using so obvious methods. As for the parents, even if there was anything to blame them for (which in very few cases there may be) then how does it justify the actions taken towards innocent children. Oh, I forget, you are not able to answer that question. Looking forward to see your next attempt not to answer the question.
                    I think the NOAA classifies that amount of spin as an F5. Do I get to claim that I'm making a good point because you impersonate a whirly-gig every time I mention it?

Nobody is turning a blind-eye to the plight of the children. I think the US is doing the best possible in a bad situation. Ideally, parents wouldn't endanger their children by dragging them across the desert and then further endanger them by committing an arrestable offense.

Comment

I think the NOAA classifies that amount of spin as an F5. Do I get to claim that I'm making a good point because you impersonate a whirly-gig every time I mention it?

Nobody is turning a blind-eye to the plight of the children. I think the US is doing the best possible in a bad situation. Ideally, parents wouldn't endanger their children by dragging them across the desert and then further endanger them by committing an arrestable offense.
                      But MM! The INNOCENT Children! what about the INNOCENT children??

Charles' concern is pure fakery.

Comment

But MM! The INNOCENT Children! what about the INNOCENT children??

Charles' concern is pure fakery.
                        Once your opponents don't even try to make an argument against your case it seems they have a rather weak case.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          Once your opponents don't even try to make an argument against your case it seems they have a rather weak case.
                          You don't have a case chuck. All you have is overly dramatic accusations.

Comment

Says the guy refusing to condemn the parents for willfully putting their children in danger.

This is known as being hoisted by your own petard.

Comment

You don't have a case chuck. All you have is overly dramatic accusations.
                              Another attempt to avoid the issue.

Comment