Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Westerns

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, I watched the remake.

You guys had me thinking I'd missed something stupid.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Faith
    Secular Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I liked 3:10 To Yuma. \_(ツ)_/

3. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Since nobody has mentioned them yet...

"The Wild Wild West" - The Original TV show, not the only loosely related movie. Four seasons and two straight-to-TV movies of classic, "Weird West," awesomeness (Think James Bond meets John Wayne). I don't think it played a part, but I still can't help but feel that this show helped to pave the way for a certain Table-Top RPG Setting I'm a fan of.
    "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr" - Another 'Weird West' show, this one from the 90's starring Bruce Campbell as the titular character. Only lasted one season, and a lot of the references are dated, but it's still got a lot of charm as a sci-fi western. Billy Drago plays a delightfully menacing villain.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post

"The Wild Wild West" - The Original TV show, not the only loosely related movie. Four seasons and two straight-to-TV movies of classic, "Weird West," awesomeness (Think James Bond meets John Wayne). I don't think it played a part, but I still can't help but feel that this show helped to pave the way for a certain Table-Top RPG Setting I'm a fan of.
    "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr" - Another 'Weird West' show, this one from the 90's starring Bruce Campbell as the titular character. Only lasted one season, and a lot of the references are dated, but it's still got a lot of charm as a sci-fi western. Billy Drago plays a delightfully menacing villain.
    Both had elements of steam punk in them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

6. Amen Chaotic Void, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post

We were only doing movies.

Wild Wild West is my single most favorite show EVER. Brisco has a special place in my heart as well.

The Wild Wild West movie wasn't up to expectations - but I think it would have been fine if they had not tried to recreate the original cast of characters. Jim and Artie are elsewhere saving the world when a Loveless wannabe turns up - can the second string, new recruits get the job done?! I think Smith did a pretty danged good job as West - but that script wasn't workable as their origin story (that was done in series and the movie departed WAY too far from it).

Okay, other TV westerns:

High Chaparral (my favorite pure Western).

The Rifleman (my other favorite - it's like choosing between kids!)

Bonanza

Gunsmoke

Wagon Train

Rawhide

8. Amen LostSheep amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    TV westerns:

The Wild Wild West

High Chaparral

The Rifleman

Bonanza

Gunsmoke

Wagon Train

Rawhide
    They all were special to me growing up...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

10. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We were only doing movies.

Wild Wild West is my single most favorite show EVER. Brisco has a special place in my heart as well.

The Wild Wild West movie wasn't up to expectations - but I think it would have been fine if they had not tried to recreate the original cast of characters. Jim and Artie are elsewhere saving the world when a Loveless wannabe turns up - can the second string, new recruits get the job done?! I think Smith did a pretty danged good job as West - but that script wasn't workable as their origin story (that was done in series and the movie departed WAY too far from it).

Okay, other TV westerns:

High Chaparral (my favorite pure Western).

The Rifleman (my other favorite - it's like choosing between kids!)

Bonanza

Gunsmoke

Wagon Train

Rawhide
    A few more...

Wanted Dead or Alive

Branded

Maverick

Have Gun Will Travel

Cisco Kid

And Wild, Wild West was one of my all-time favorites as well. A major influence (much like It Takes a Thief), for good and bad.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

12. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I have a soft spot for The Plainsman - it only had one season but it had Michael Ansara!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I have a soft spot for The Plainsman - it only had one season but it had Michael Ansara!
    You should check out Broken Arrow if you can find it

15. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    And Wild, Wild West was one of my all-time favorites as well.
    Every week when it was on, my friend Norm would come over and we made popcorn! We loved it...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

17. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.