Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Westerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I watched the 3:10 to Yuma remake last night...meh, not great.
    Which version?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Which version?
      I didn't know there were multiples...the one on Amazon Prime, with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I didn't know there were multiples...the one on Amazon Prime, with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale.
        dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          dude.
          I'm not following....

Comment

I'm not following....
            https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050086/?ref_=nv_sr_4

Comment

Yeah, I watched the remake.

You guys had me thinking I'd missed something stupid.

Comment

I liked 3:10 To Yuma. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Since nobody has mentioned them yet...

"The Wild Wild West" - The Original TV show, not the only loosely related movie. Four seasons and two straight-to-TV movies of classic, "Weird West," awesomeness (Think James Bond meets John Wayne). I don't think it played a part, but I still can't help but feel that this show helped to pave the way for a certain Table-Top RPG Setting I'm a fan of.
                  "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr" - Another 'Weird West' show, this one from the 90's starring Bruce Campbell as the titular character. Only lasted one season, and a lot of the references are dated, but it's still got a lot of charm as a sci-fi western. Billy Drago plays a delightfully menacing villain.
                  Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

"The Wild Wild West" - The Original TV show, not the only loosely related movie. Four seasons and two straight-to-TV movies of classic, "Weird West," awesomeness (Think James Bond meets John Wayne). I don't think it played a part, but I still can't help but feel that this show helped to pave the way for a certain Table-Top RPG Setting I'm a fan of.
                    "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr" - Another 'Weird West' show, this one from the 90's starring Bruce Campbell as the titular character. Only lasted one season, and a lot of the references are dated, but it's still got a lot of charm as a sci-fi western. Billy Drago plays a delightfully menacing villain.
                    Both had elements of steam punk in them.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

We were only doing movies.

Wild Wild West is my single most favorite show EVER. Brisco has a special place in my heart as well.

The Wild Wild West movie wasn't up to expectations - but I think it would have been fine if they had not tried to recreate the original cast of characters. Jim and Artie are elsewhere saving the world when a Loveless wannabe turns up - can the second string, new recruits get the job done?! I think Smith did a pretty danged good job as West - but that script wasn't workable as their origin story (that was done in series and the movie departed WAY too far from it).

Okay, other TV westerns:

High Chaparral (my favorite pure Western).

The Rifleman (my other favorite - it's like choosing between kids!)

Bonanza

Gunsmoke

Wagon Train

Rawhide
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        TV westerns:

The Wild Wild West

High Chaparral

The Rifleman

Bonanza

Gunsmoke

Wagon Train

Rawhide
                        They all were special to me growing up...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

We were only doing movies.

Wild Wild West is my single most favorite show EVER. Brisco has a special place in my heart as well.

The Wild Wild West movie wasn't up to expectations - but I think it would have been fine if they had not tried to recreate the original cast of characters. Jim and Artie are elsewhere saving the world when a Loveless wannabe turns up - can the second string, new recruits get the job done?! I think Smith did a pretty danged good job as West - but that script wasn't workable as their origin story (that was done in series and the movie departed WAY too far from it).

Okay, other TV westerns:

High Chaparral (my favorite pure Western).

The Rifleman (my other favorite - it's like choosing between kids!)

Bonanza

Gunsmoke

Wagon Train

Rawhide
                          A few more...

Wanted Dead or Alive

Branded

Maverick

Have Gun – Will Travel

Cisco Kid

And Wild, Wild West was one of my all-time favorites as well. A major influence (much like It Takes a Thief), for good and bad.

Comment

I have a soft spot for The Plainsman - it only had one season but it had Michael Ansara!
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I have a soft spot for The Plainsman - it only had one season but it had Michael Ansara!
                              You should check out Broken Arrow if you can find it

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                And Wild, Wild West was one of my all-time favorites as well.
                                Every week when it was on, my friend Norm would come over and we made popcorn! We loved it...
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment