Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Westerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than Tall Tales the only thing I can even remember watching that might be considered a "Western" was Wild West Cowboys of Moo Mesa.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      Other than Tall Tales the only thing I can even remember watching that might be considered a "Western" was Wild West Cowboys of Moo Mesa.
      And I always thought I watched a lot of cartoons.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        And I always thought I watched a lot of cartoons.
        When I was a kid I watched almost any cartoon I was allowed to. Sometimes I would even watch those I didn't like if there was nothing to do, and nothing else on.

Comment

You should check out Broken Arrow if you can find it
          I'd love to see it again
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

When I was a kid I watched almost any cartoon I was allowed to. Sometimes I would even watch those I didn't like if there was nothing to do, and nothing else on.
            Pretty much. I'm from well before any Cartoon channels or network and we had to get our fix on Saturday mornings.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Pretty much. I'm from well before any Cartoon channels or network and we had to get our fix on Saturday mornings.
              Yeah, I didn't have anything like Cartoon Network growing up* either. I had to either find the stuff on after school, watch on Saturday mornings, or wake up super early on weekdays to find anything. I would often wake up at 6:00 AM just to watch Mega Man.

*We had cable early on, but I don't think we had that on our plan. Later we didn't even have cable, so finding channels often meant fiddling with our antenna just to see it properly. Not always, but often enough to be frustrating.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't have anything like Cartoon Network growing up* either. I had to either find the stuff on after school, watch on Saturday mornings, or wake up super early on weekdays to find anything. I would often wake up at 6:00 AM just to watch Mega Man.

*We had cable early on, but I don't think we had that on our plan. Later we didn't even have cable, so finding channels often meant fiddling with our antenna just to see it properly. Not always, but often enough to be frustrating.
                After school cartoons were as rare as hen's teeth back in the 60s.

Comment

In the early Seventies we had one half hour after school of Bugs Bunny - that got turned into a local kid's show so we ended up with only two or three cartoons at best.

Morning was Kukla, Fran and Ollie and Captain Kangaroo on weekdays - good shows but no cartoons.

But from five am to twelve pm it was wall to wall cartoons on Saturday!

And then there was at least a few showings of Jot on Sunday!
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Bonanza
                    I remember watching Bonanza on Swedish television growing up as a kid in the 90's. It was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

Comment

After school cartoons were as rare as hen's teeth back in the 60s.
                      They had their ups and downs when I was a kid. For a while we had Disney Afternoon, with lots of cool stuff. Then nothing but Flintstones reruns for a while. Then when Fox Box, and 4 Kids TV died out nothing again. Unless you had cable that is.

Comment

They had their ups and downs when I was a kid. For a while we had Disney Afternoon, with lots of cool stuff. Then nothing but Flintstones reruns for a while. Then when Fox Box, and 4 Kids TV died out nothing again. Unless you had cable that is.
                        Mostly we got old Warner Brothers stuff (primarily Bugs Bunny etc) and Tom and Jerry.

Comment

Mostly we got old Warner Brothers stuff (primarily Bugs Bunny etc) and Tom and Jerry.
                          Don't forget Pop-eye!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment