Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Sad Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The dear lady is doubling down on stupidity....

Maxine Waters is done with 'nice guy politics'

From the perspective of some House Democrats, Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) has the right message. She’s just not always the best messenger.

The Los Angeles lawmaker’s early calls for President Trump’s impeachment and viral showdowns with administration officials have endeared Waters to the party’s young, liberal base. And those stances have also garnered the respect of many House Democrats, who admire how Waters, 79, sticks to her political convictions.

"She is up-to-date, she is smart, she is authentic and she is not scared to express herself,” Rep. Gwen Moore (D-Wis.) told The Hill, adding that her constituents in Milwaukee often ask her if she knows Waters. "She is transformative in terms of appealing to different generations of people.”

Yet her most recent remarks -- encouraging public confrontation with Cabinet members -- rankled some of those colleagues and raised concerns about how Waters would handle increased authority if Democrats regain control of the House in November.

House and Senate minority leaders Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) condemned her comments, while other Democrats distanced themselves from her.

Waters is aware that she sometimes pushes the envelope, according to a former aide who said the congresswoman thinks Democrats as a whole have engaged in "nice guy politics" for too long.

“She’s definitely pushing people into a place of discomfort,” said the former aide, adding that Waters is “slowly but surely getting the Democrats to play the game the way Trump plays it.”

Conservatives need more Maxines!
    She needs to run for POTUS in 2020!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      And I doubledog DARE the libs to stand in the way of their FIRST BLACK WOMAN POTUS!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And I doubledog DARE the libs to stand in the way of their FIRST BLACK WOMAN POTUS!
        We should get a letter campaign going to encourage her to run. She could have Pelosi or Sheila Jackson Lee as her VP.

Comment

We should get a letter campaign going to encourage her to run. She could have Pelosi or Sheila Jackson Lee as her VP.
          The problem with this is, what if she somehow wins? Isn't this more or less what the Democrats/MSM did with Trump?
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            The problem with this is, what if she somehow wins? Isn't this more or less what the Democrats/MSM did with Trump?
            oh yeah. that would be bad. Then we would have to have riots and punch communists for 4 years and scream impeach 46!

Comment

Nah! All potential black candidates were born in Kenya and are Muslim. Just ask Donald, he knows these things.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

oh yeah. that would be bad. Then we would have to have riots and punch communists for 4 years and scream impeach 46!
                you forgot the sarcasm tags Sparko
                Last edited by RumTumTugger; 07-04-2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

The dear lady is doubling down on stupidity....

Maxine Waters is done with 'nice guy politics'

From the perspective of some House Democrats, Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) has the right message. She’s just not always the best messenger.

The Los Angeles lawmaker’s early calls for President Trump’s impeachment and viral showdowns with administration officials have endeared Waters to the party’s young, liberal base. And those stances have also garnered the respect of many House Democrats, who admire how Waters, 79, sticks to her political convictions.

"She is up-to-date, she is smart, she is authentic and she is not scared to express herself,” Rep. Gwen Moore (D-Wis.) told The Hill, adding that her constituents in Milwaukee often ask her if she knows Waters. "She is transformative in terms of appealing to different generations of people.”

Yet her most recent remarks -- encouraging public confrontation with Cabinet members -- rankled some of those colleagues and raised concerns about how Waters would handle increased authority if Democrats regain control of the House in November.

House and Senate minority leaders Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) condemned her comments, while other Democrats distanced themselves from her.

Waters is aware that she sometimes pushes the envelope, according to a former aide who said the congresswoman thinks Democrats as a whole have engaged in "nice guy politics" for too long.

“She’s definitely pushing people into a place of discomfort,” said the former aide, adding that Waters is “slowly but surely getting the Democrats to play the game the way Trump plays it.”

Conservatives need more Maxines!
                  And here she is declaring she's on a mission from God!

MAXINE WATERS: I’ve been sent by God to get Trump!

“You’ve gotta know that I’m here to do the work that I was sent to do, and as pastor said to me when I came in this morning, when God sends you to do something, you just do it!

“So I have a message I’m going back to Washington tomorrow morning, I’m going to tell them pastor told me to come here and just do it!”
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    Nah! All potential black candidates were born in Kenya and are Muslim. Just ask Donald, he knows these things.
                    You seem to have a gift for saying profoundly ignorant things in mostly grammatically correct ways.

Comment

“You’ve gotta know that I’m here to do the work that I was sent to do, and as pastor said to me when I came in this morning, when God sends you to do something, you just do it!

“So I have a message I’m going back to Washington tomorrow morning, I’m going to tell them pastor told me to come here and just do it!”
                      So, I'm curious. We've had many politicians claim they are there (running for, or in office) because god wants them to. George Bush. Scott Walker. John Kasich. Ben Carson. Rick Perry. Rick Santorum. Mike Huckabee. Trump never said it about himself (that I know of) but Paula White (his spiritual advisor?) made the claim on his behalf.

So were these claims as absurd as the Waters claim apparently is?
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                        So, I'm curious. We've had many politicians claim they are there (running for, or in office) because god wants them to. George Bush. Scott Walker. John Kasich. Ben Carson. Rick Perry. Rick Santorum. Mike Huckabee. Trump never said it about himself (that I know of) but Paula White (his spiritual advisor?) made the claim on his behalf.

So were these claims as absurd as the Waters claim apparently is?
                        Combined with her other actions, where she's just bat-poop crazy. It just struck me as being like the Blues Brothers.

mission-from-god-blues-brothers.jpg

Comment

Combined with her other actions, where she's just bat-poop crazy. It just struck me as being like the Blues Brothers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29212[/ATTACH]
                          I don't think you answered my question...
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Wasn't there some leftist TV personality sneering at VP Pence for saying God spoke to him? Saying that is a clear sign of insanity. That was until Oprah announced that she was waiting for God to tell her that she should run for president.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              He got it on good authority from the Clinton campaign.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                He got it on good authority from the Clinton campaign.
                                That was good!

Really good.

But not worth an amen.

ok, maybe ALMOST an amen.

heckydarn, why not!

Comment